Vintage Motor Look

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
50cc china girl. Cheaply modified and has been running for several years.

I really like the looks of the motor FFV8 is developing. Realistically though I will most likely have to do a build of a somewhat lower cost range. I guess what I really was seeking was ways to get the old motor look cosmetically older, maybe with an aftermarket cylinder head that would have extra cooling fins above where the need for them would be to give the tall look of the old single jug motors. Of course that would put the spark plug halfway down the jug which would ruin the look of it I guess.

Attachments

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Thanks Russell for posting this again...it's the 2nd example of a 2 cycle that I mentioned, but didn't describe. Your side plates do an excellent job of concealing the Chinese heritage. It's a beauty as well. Will you explain how the extra jug is attached? Rick C.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
"Just joined site today and I think I can contribute right from the start. Is this what your looking for?"

Wow, that engine treatment is beautiful. Did you do this yourself? I would love an engine that looked like that. I've been planning to take a grinder to my cylinder and head to round it out. I never thought about the added shrouding. What a great idea and looks awesome. If you did it yourself , or not, please tell us more about it.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
50cc china girl. Cheaply modified and has been running for several years.
I used metric running threads for the head bolts. The operating head is secured with nuts and the threaded rod continues through spacers an metal plates for fins. The upper phony plug feeds down through spacers to the functioning plug. A bit inconvient to change the plug, however I have 4k + miles on it without having to change it!

Rottenron

Jun 18, 2017
"Just joined site today and I think I can contribute right from the start. Is this what your looking for?"

Wow, that engine treatment is beautiful. Did you do this yourself? I would love an engine that looked like that. I've been planning to take a grinder to my cylinder and head to round it out. I never thought about the added shrouding. What a great idea and looks awesome. If you did it yourself , or not, please tell us more about it.
This is my brothers bike that he dropped off for me to break in and work the bugs out. From information I have so far a guy they called Hot Rod Harry custom made frame and tank. He is asking him if I can give out any information.

Rottenron

Jun 18, 2017
Thanks, any info and more pictures would be appreciated. I hope that the parts become available.
The fabricator had a metal spinning company make the outside cases and he rolled the edges on the center piece and made the cut outs. He is building 3 to 4 bike this fall and said he would entertain taking orders