Silver State Cycles = Scam!

GoldenMotor.com

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Thanks again Rick. If I'm going to register the bike, I could look into upgrading to a larger motor. I wonder if an XR100 would be easier to register since it was sold in the states?

dmb, I'd be more worried about blowing my bank account on hookers, gambling and pot in Vegas. Lol

Sent Scott a certified letter. We'll see what happens.

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
Obviously there will be differences in the titling/VIN number application process from state to state but the ones I'm familiar with would require a title for an old motor and bill of sale/certificate of origin for a new one.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
If it doesn't work out I'd ask Pat at Sportsman Flyer if he would build you the frame you want. He sends a statement of origin I believe it's called for the frames he sells. I don't know if it includes a Vin # but having something like that makes the frame easier to register.

Paper work in the form of invoices for the engine ect is needed as well to show that the parts are not stolen.

As Rick C. said your off the horse but the corral is still full of other horses. Just time to saddle up and ride. I hope that you hear from the owner and everything is returned to you. As disappointing as it is your not alone I'm sure.

Steve.

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
I received an email from Scott yesterday. He says he will ship back my parts and some of what he has completed. I will let you know if he follows through!

Culver: Very clean! That looks like a quality frame indeed. I've already purchased ~$1500 in parts so I am going to try to salvage as much as possible. The goal is to see what completed stuff Scott sends me and see what I have to work with. For all I know, he might have only fabricated one bracket. Once I find out, I will plan on calling Richard.

Steve: I will definitely give Pat a call as well. One thing's for sure- I will need to finish a frame. Perhaps Richard or Pat would be interested in picking up where Scott has left off. I think I can find the invoice for my motor. I should have some private land on which to test the bike out before registering as well.

Thanks for all of your help!

Dallas

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Scott emailed and said he would ship out all of my stuff by Friday of last week. I followed up with an email but have not yet received a tracking number or response.

So far, my parts are still in the wind...

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
You'll get em... I remember when I bought my bike from Scott a couple years ago, I sent him a money order not knowing he already ha shipped my bike. Yeah he ship it without getting paid and did the same for my seat. What happened it does show he's a good guy at heart but that doesn't get the work done. I think there's more to it but he did want to help everyone and couldn't say no.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
The Pony Express does not provide tracking numbers: Once I counted Scott as a Friend on this forum at a trusted one at that. In the intervining time; Scott has become a fatrtherless ass. Best of luck on your parts: but do not hold to hope.

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Hate to bring up bad blood! But ..Well... any update on this mess? I have slowly drifted from hoping you’ll get your stuff to Scotts a crook! Scott business has discounted shipping and he still can’t send it back...why Scott why? Send the dude some cash! It obviously your fault..make it right and get back in the game!

Really pissis me off that I spread Scotts name around as a good builder ..and this happens .

Reactions: MotorBicycleRacing

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
WOW Moto!! Diggin deep today! Nope. 2 1/2 years from the last post, havnt heard a thing about him. And the OP hasnt been on here in 2 years and 20 weeks.