Johnny 5 is Alive a Short Circuit BTR!

GoldenMotor.com

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
No idea where you all start when you build. Is it with a bike and you get an engine or do you start building an engine and the bike sort of shows up in pieces?

This one started with the engine. Saw a deal on eBay Made in Taiwan clone GX120 4hp engine. Quite a few HP parts for these GX120 engines are there is midget stock class they race with them.

I found the footprint to be that of the HF99cc/79cc engine. How ever it is a bit wide on the right side according to my tape.

First thing I do is strip it and rip it. Strip it of its excess parts and rip it of its governance and oil sensor.

Rip rip strip strip.

This block has three holes to plug. Requiring tap. I use JB weld in place of silicone. These pugs will never be removed. Or leak.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Here are my hubs. The front is an old worksman front drum and the rear is from a vintage moped. The second picture shows the invoice for the used wheel. They clean up really nice with SOS pad and water. Buffer her if you got one!

My standard wheel builds are with 10g Stainless steel spokes.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Back to the engine.... HP parts... Put them in put them in....

Word is about $368 of parts inside of my $140 clone motor. I did not go for the expensive flywheel... I want the weight of the cast iron.... body in motion stays in motion not interested fon rip rip turn rip tun. Local area long roads and flowing hills.

Race head with 26lb springs, there is a pic of the stock cam with the race cam. Specs are WOT is now 7,500rmp. Jonny 5 will be a bit beastie.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Lights got to have head lights.... And a name was born! Projects start with no name around here because they will tell you there name once you get to the point where you may introduce yourself.

Note in the first pic you see the light bracket was built for 1" bar not 7/8".
What I came up with was 7/8" locking collar modified with a hole for the light and another for the set screw.

And that is when it happened; magically.

Builders.... Meet Johnny 5

johnny 5: these two books are wonderful may i have them craphead
-johnny 5

Attachments