Quickie project #2- “1903 Harley”

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey Moto Pope I tried to PM you but but was alerted that you didn't except PM's I have a couple of Important questions to ask you.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Cant wait to see this build finished and painted!
Thanks,

Sadly due to some issues beyond my control bicycle projects have kind of taken a low priority this winter... :- (

However I continue to collect parts for the three I still want build for sure, and found a Brooks style saddle knock off that really suits this Harley. A online purchase, I would of normally been disappointed by how small it turned out to be- But this is a smallish bike so the scale is perfect!

Out of all of my bike projects this would be the easiest to fast track, so perhaps with luck I’d still be able to sneak a couple of Sunday afternoons towards it sometime soon.

It might be a good strategy to just focus on one project at a time anyway.

-Kirk

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Actually here is some progress to show from several months ago-

I created decal graphics for tank sides and badges for steerer tube & battery box end caps. I included "1903 tribute" on the badge.

I’ll probably also do something round for the pull start cover.

-Kirk

Attachments

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Just re-read the whole thread again and reminded myself of some things I really like about this build. I understand about how the projects can get drawn out a lot longer than planned, but that's okay, too. It gives more time to consider things and enjoy the making and the satisfaction in seeing it slowly come together. What's the hurry, eh? It's like a good meal where it's more important to enjoy the good smells and tastes than to just be done with it and not hungry anymore. And like good conversation over fine food, it's nice to chat here on the forum as we are all served up a treat.
SB

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Actually I am going to start working on this again real soon. One of many little set backs was the spokes I wanted to use to build the rear wheel were 1/8" too short.

I just recently found a proper profile vintage painted rear wheel and new inspiration at a hole in the wall bike shop 20 miles down river. A little truing is so much easier than building and truing from scratch!

-Mr. B.