66cc On A Supercycle ( 2nd Build)

GoldenMotor.com

da1nonlysteven

Dec 31, 2010
Oshawa Ontario
Hello!

Here is my build on a super cycle! This is my second build with the same bike just new hardware. Engine from Zoom-bikes ( 66cc) , New engine hardware from Sick bike Parts. Would definitely recommend the upgrade to the engine hardware!

Photo 1 - Bike before the rebuild, got a whole summer and 1200 kms +- riding back and forth to work every day rain or shine. Finally gave up in late August, so , rebuild time !

Photo 2 - Engine with new hardware installed. Locktite ( Blue) was used on all hardware and clutch pads were trimmed to be floating in holes. All bolts were double checked and checked jug for scratches / missing parts etc.

Photo 3- The tank w/ sick bike parts fuel valve. I find the stock one to be junk. Cleaned out tank, will install aftermarket fuel filter later in the build !

Photo 4- Carb w/ Sick bike parts air filter. Carb was disassembled, checked for float / valve/ and jet operation.

Photo 5 - Bike stripped, cleaned and ready for re install, note the old sprocket in this photo. The new sprocket will be in the next post.

More to come !

Thanks,

Steven

Attachments

da1nonlysteven

Dec 31, 2010
Oshawa Ontario
Photos 6-10

Photo 1 - New sprocket balanced and tightened, checked for destroyed spokes from previous build , there were none surprisingly! Found a neat trick for balancing the sprocket ! Get a sharpie and clamping it to the rear down tube ( while bike is upside down, engine and tank not yet installed) get the marker to touch where you think the high side is, spin the tire in a low gear slowly making sure the marker is touching the sprocket in the first place, after one turn of the wheel the sharpie will draw where it is high and it wont where it is low, turn or loosen bolts accordingly until the sharpie makes and evenly weighted line around the sprocket !

Photo 2 - Tank and CDI mounted, bike tubes were used to stop vibrations, and I ended up using some plumbers steel tape with holes to mount the tank. The brackets that came with the tank were not wide enough for my frame so after a little work with the vice I had custom made tank mounts.

Photo 3 - Motor and rear wheel mounted, once again tire tubes were used to stop vibrations from the motor, so far they are not too effective !

Photo 4 - Close up of motor, no wiring done yet those connections were replaced with shrink wrap and marettes for easy change out of CDI's.

Photo 5 - Chain, carb, all cables + exhaust hooked up and ready to roll !

Thanks!

Steven

Attachments

da1nonlysteven

Dec 31, 2010
Oshawa Ontario
The finished product !

Any questions or comments feel free !

There is a light on the front and a rear light under the seat to keep it as "Legal" as possible. Riding in Ontario has quite the risk! I have rode by many cops in the Durham region but as long as you are courteous and safe they shouldn't give you any trouble ! Quite a few other people ride and they have had no problems either, I think its going to be a "Grey Area" until someone gets hurt out here.

Thanks,

Steven Gill

Attachments

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Nice. Keep a close eye on your mount studs with the rubber. I agree about the grey area up here, as long as you're respectful on the road, Leo's are more curious than anything, heh heh.