Smooth as silk! The Silver Belle.

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Just got her out after putting the 27" wheel on the back- swapped the steel 36 with an alloy 34 sprocket and put the 415 Trike chain on in place of the original kit.

between the smaller sprock and the lighter better rolling chain- this bike feels like glass now. I was cruising the bike lanes of urban Jacksonville at 25 with the throttle only half to 2/3's open, so the vibration is minimal. Feels really good.

Haven't opened it up- I don't like the motor to scream much- but may top it out for a bit one day when I've had it shaken down a bit more. With these wheels, this bike rolls and rolls, after killing the motor and an easy pedal too.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Motoring New Year!

.santa.santa.santa

Attachments

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I may take a little video riding, but those look much alike- something though. Thanks!

I got that 34 sproket from Kings a while back- if you go to the site froom here look to their "e-bay sales"
link to the left- it's quite a bit cheaper than their normal sprocks- (I painted it myself)
I wasn't sure how the 66 would pull it but with the short billet intake and 66 Speed carb, it really has no problem and the revs are even lower for the cruising speed I want- it's FEATHERWEIGHT.

I have it on with a rag-joint for now but eventually may try to get a large flanged flip flop I can drill and maybe attach with some titanium 5mm bolts- that would drop the weight down to nothing since it uses only 6 smaller bolts than the ragjoint's nine. The titanium bolts are more reasonably priced the smaller the size- M5 x 20-25mm should be long enough for the six inner "disc brake" drillings. Have yet to find a rear hub for sell with the threaded disk brake fitting that isn't a cassette- I still want an independent freewheel on the pedal side.

anyway that would just bolt an inner drilled motor sprocket on without nuts even. Could use a front hub, but then no peddlin!

Some day if I have the funds I might replace all the clutch and magneto bolts with titanium too.

Here's the ebay link directly to the 34 sprocket:
34 T Sprocket for Bicycle Engine Kit Motorized Bike | eBay

.santa(^)()lowriderl

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Although my 50cc is my Work Horse, I had this out a couple of times recently- can't see the speedo much in the pictures, but I'm getting up to 25 before you know it and a good steady cruise without opening the motor up all the way at 30.

If the tires look a little big that's because they're 27 x 1 3/8, not 1 1/4" and that gives them mostly a bigger profile verticlly and a little more shock absorbing- but bombed up to 80 lbs or so- they ROLL! AND they are are very much on the cheaper end- $13 something from Amazon shipped.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Nice looking bike. I like the flower power. And Im glad to see that I'm not the only one running 27 inch rims. Well. I got a 700 on the back now because potholes decided to eat my 27 inch back rim.