Faux Motor board track

GoldenMotor.com

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
would love a write up on how you made the bottom. Did you take any pics along the way? where did you get the drop loop frame, make it yourself

?usflg

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Well after a great season of riding this thing, I am starting my next project. That project is building a sidecar. I have built one in the past(rigid mount). This one will have a flex mounting system, allowing the bike to lean. I have seen many nice sidecar builds posted. I will be going to a larger sprocket due to the load added to my 50cc engine.
It will be a quick disconnect mounting for my everyday riding.

Attachments

charliechaindrive

Sep 3, 2011
minnesota
Cool! Tilt sidecares rule, my old man had a 30 something excelsior with a sidecar and well he sold it(worst decision he ever made in his opinin) and I want to make replica in the future

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Well I have started the side car for this bike. It has two removable brackets that hinge the side car. The rear attachment point is threaded to allow adjustment for toe-in toe-out.

The sidecar frame is made of 3/4 EMT. All joints are welded and reinforced.
The axle tube is 1in square tube. The axle itself is 1 in. steel turned down to 3/4 with bearing races to match the wheel. I will start a new thread for this project called SIDECAR BUILD PROJECT.

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Took the rolling chassis out for a test run. I put two cement blocks on it for a load(60 lbs.).
It handled fine(much to my supprise). Hardest thing is remembering to leave space on the right for the sidecar. Guess that I should have put the car on the left side!
I now have made fullsize mock-up of the cart and will soon start on it.

As it has a quick mount setup, I will also put a bracket on my 51 Roadmaster so that I can use it for both bikes.

Attachments

Last edited: