Nexus 3 speed Hub 36h

GoldenMotor.com

Kline's Kustoms

Feb 13, 2011
Fullerton, CA
Has anyone ever built a wheel using the Nexus 3 speed hub? I just bought the manic mechanic sprocket and adapter for it.

What size spokes and nipples to I need for a 26in. rim? Also where can I find some brass colored nipples? Besides the strip club.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum! I don't know the length of the spokes you need because I don't know what rim you are using. I would go with 12 gauge spokes however and drill the holes in the hub too accomodate them if neccesary. Most nipples are made of brass and plated, so maybe you could remove the plating with some hydrochloric acid or equivalent and a wire brush. Another alternative to that would be some gold anodised alloy nipples perhaps, they could almost pass as brass looking.

I wasn't aware that Jim had made an adapter to fit the Nexus hub yet....sweet! Let us know how it goes for you. Cheers!

dnut

Has anyone ever built a wheel using the Nexus 3 speed hub? I just bought the manic mechanic sprocket and adapter for it.

What size spokes and nipples to I need for a 26in. rim? Also where can I find some brass colored nipples? Besides the strip club.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
There is a bit more info needed to find out what size spokes needed besides 26 in rim. You need the erd of the rim and since its a multi speed hub probably 4 different measurements from the hub plug that into a spoke calculator and you get spoke size. If you can find the E.R.D. of the rim I can find the measurments for you online and get your spoke size. I may even have some nice stainless spokes that might fit

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.
Hey, that's about the same size as the Nexus 4 speed isn't it? do you have a part # for the adapter, or is it the same as other size hubs? (the adapter) help befor I buy a sheave.... lol