Does This Work?

GoldenMotor.com

Tulsa_Rider

Feb 14, 2012
Tulsa, OK
It seems similar the the one that comes with the kits. I have been trying to stay away from them on my new build, all the spokes on my last one are slightly bowed and wheel is no longer rolls a straight line if you look closely. I am blaming that on the pinapple mount.

I have been searching for a new hub for a while, without spending over $50 and came up with an idea. Well I saw a video on youtube which I do not have a link for. Anyway the guy used a 30 tooth sprocket or something like that which is not the important part, but it apparently came off of a child's bike and the hole in the center was a perfect fit for his axle threads. He was not clear on how he did this and I seem to be getting nothing but silly looks at the local bike shops when I bring it up.

Sorry to be off topic but when I saw that pineapple sprocket it reminded me of how much I dislike the one that came on the kit and that the nice ones cost almost as much as the motor.

Kiwegapawa

May 2, 2011
Village of Cooper's Cave
Though I feel the same way about those Sprockets that attach to the spokes. But for those that do not wish to wait that long or already have this set up from a kit. Here is the point needed to keep your wheel true Wheel and Rim Truing.

This will teach you how to adjust your spokes to keep your wheel true.

Hope that helps you till you find your chosen upgrade!
.shft.