Nirve Switchblade progress...

GoldenMotor.com

jimthebarron

May 27, 2011
U.K.

Finally got the frame etc back from the paint shop, very happy with the end results and colour choise of Ultimate green pearl, photos don't do it justice.

Just waiting for the new wide bars and a couple of other little bits then it should be on the road, shame we don't have the weather here for it like you guys across the pond.

Cheers

Jim

jimthebarron

May 27, 2011
U.K.
Cheers Norm,

Pay my airfare and I will be over;)

Not sure how much petrol it will hold as yet, will find out.

Black - I was very tempted to do metallic or metal flake black, may be next time.

BaggeN

Sep 20, 2011
Aveiro
Heya buddie! Awesome bike! I'm also building a Nirve Chopper (A cannibal). Could you tell me how you did with the rear tire? How did you overcome the clearance problems?

Also, any tips on doing the mounts for the front/back?

Thanks in advance!

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
nice and clean great color with the silver motor. black bikes and cars dont photo good thats why you dont see them in magizines often

Last edited:

jimthebarron

May 27, 2011
U.K.
Hi Baggen,

To clear the rear tyre I copied Norm's (Venicemotorbikes) front and rear mounts, they are I think 3/8" off set. The rear is a piece of billet I cut, drilled and tapped, the front is an old aluminium casting I cut up and welded a plate on the top at the right angle to meet the engine.

Cheers Jim

BaggeN

Sep 20, 2011
Aveiro
Hi Baggen,

To clear the rear tyre I copied Norm's (Venicemotorbikes) front and rear mounts, they are I think 3/8" off set. The rear is a piece of billet I cut, drilled and tapped, the front is an old aluminium casting I cut up and welded a plate on the top at the right angle to meet the engine.

Cheers Jim

Thanks for the info mate! You just enlarged the sprocket hole? Did you need to bend the coaster arm?

jimthebarron

May 27, 2011
U.K.
Yes I had to bend coaster brake arm, I also used some counter sunk head bolts on the chain wheel to give more clearance.

Cheers Jim

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal

Finally got the frame etc back from the paint shop, very happy with the end results and colour choise of Ultimate green pearl, photos don't do it justice.

Just waiting for the new wide bars and a couple of other little bits then it should be on the road, shame we don't have the weather here for it like you guys across the pond.

Cheers

Jim
well, congratulations beautiful bike, how many gallons it takes the tank? had no problems with the tightness of the picture? or used a particular technique?
jose pinto

jimthebarron

May 27, 2011
U.K.
Well the gas tank holds 1 litre.
Took it for its first run last week around the village with no problems, apart from vibration at speed.
Just need to run it in and get more miles on it, if I get any time. Then look for the next build!

Cheers
Jim