Assembling Kit strugges!

GoldenMotor.com

Nill

Sep 16, 2009
Maine
Hi all,

I am working on a first bike kit from ZoomBicycles... a Jet Stealth 49 cc. Three problems so far!

1. The small sproket on the engine does not budge. I can turn the whole assembly with a socket wrench but the instructions imply that the spoket should be able to turn freely. It doesn't..is it supposed to?

2. The clutch is always engaged... I can use the pedals

3. The throttle assembly seems pretty straightforward, but there's very little movement on the handle.

Any suggestions on any of the problems? Thank you!

The instruction manuals (with the package and online) leave a lot to the imagination I find!

Bill

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
1. the small sprocket should only turn freely when the clutch is engaged. it'll turn slowly with the wrench and without the clutch due to compression. if the small sprocket doesn't turn, it's probably because the clutch isn't hooked up, or hooked up incorrectly,

but...

2. if the clutch is engaged and you can pedal, then the small sprocket must be turning, otherwise you'd be pedaling against the compression, which you pretty much couldn't.

need more info.

3. throttlegrip might be tightened down too much on the handlebars. did you drill the hole for the little pin? that's a common problem.

or, at the end of the throttle cable, where it goes into the carb, assuming you have the spring, clip, needle, etc. installed correctly, is the slide all the way in the carb? there's a little groove it has to seat into to drop in there.

good luck.

Last edited:

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Hi all,

I am working on a first bike kit from ZoomBicycles... a Jet Stealth 49 cc. Three problems so far!

1. The small sproket on the engine does not budge. I can turn the whole assembly with a socket wrench but the instructions imply that the spoket should be able to turn freely. It doesn't..is it supposed to?

2. The clutch is always engaged... I can use the pedals

3. The throttle assembly seems pretty straightforward, but there's very little movement on the handle.

Any suggestions on any of the problems? Thank you!

The instruction manuals (with the package and online) leave a lot to the imagination I find!

Bill

Your right dude that lilttle gear should turn relativly freely and is the answer to question 2 also,
if moving the clutch lever does nothing and your turning the motor over always pop the tear drop clutch cover off, remove the locking screw around the flower nut then wind the flower nut anti clockwize 1 turn. rock the bike till its free and you will see the outer clutch gear turn only. you will figure out its opperation and adjust it so when its engaged it doesnt slip and when disengaged its turns freely and you can pedal.

As for the throttle pop the top of the carb off, make sure that the throttle slid the copper thing
is in the right way it has a groove down 1 side and the bore that it sits in has a lil pin that guides it.
if its in the wrong way you wont get any twist on the throttle handle and it wont go or will be at wot when ya start it. sometimes they put it in backwards. good luck!