Not a board tracker

GoldenMotor.com

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
Well, I'm pacing the floor waiting for UPS to deliver my SUPER FANTASTIC HAPPY TIME CHINA GIRL from PK. I can't take the suspense any more so I thought I would post some pics of what I've done so far.
It's a 60's typhoon grafted with a Jesse James chopper. The JJ fork was cut about 8" to give it a lower stance and quicker steering. I welded the seams on the JJ tank but still have to figure out a filler and petcock attachment. I think I'll cut out the happy time fuel lid and weld it on this tank unless it just looks too clunky. I lopped off the top of the seat tube on the frame so I could get the JJ saddle as low as possible. Then cut seat tube off of the JJ saddle mount thing so it could be welded to the frame with a couple gussets under it. My girlfriend is 5' tall and I know she wants to ride it too.:D Besides I love the look of it. I made the tensioner pulley from a rollerblade wheel and have a good idea for mounting it. I can't really make the parts 'till I know the size of the rear sprocket though. COME ON UPS. I also have a sturmey archer drum brake inbound as I type.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing all your great ideas and ingenuity so freely.

Ride safe.

Oh, you can call it a board tracker if you want. I like to think of it as a low rider\cafe racer.

Attachments

Last edited:

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Great work so far. I would call that a "Chopper Class" bike for sure. The only suggestion I would have is perhaps see if you can fit that tank in the hole between the top tube and the drive tubes? Pretty soon there will be reality tv show on someone pimping out MAB's!

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
Admittedly, my primary goal with this build is style.;) However I am six feet tall and I can pedal it pretty well. I wouldn't want to pedal it very far but I can easily get it rolling. Just sitting on it with my feet on the pedals is very comfortable for me.

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
"The only suggestion I would have is perhaps see if you can fit that tank in the hole between the top tube and the drive tubes?"

Been down that road. Nearly to the point of insanity.rotfl It would be easier to custom fab a tank that would fit.

I would love to see that show. Heck, I would love to HOST that show.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I like it all. That's called a Bob-er. Drop-ed down, cleaned up, minimalist. I am looking forward to the paint scheme. Have fun, Dave
PS: Come on UPS

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
It looks pretty cool! Get rid of the chain guard... (it doesn't match the bike anymore) (^) :D

Yeah, I agree too. the chain guard must go. I'm glad you guys like it. (the bike not the chain guard)
The big brown truck never showed yesterday. Maybe this morning. I have one more day off.:D

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
Thanks. I'll be posting pics along the way. UPS was able to find my house today. WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hi Marcus.;)

I know, I know I missed the center a little but the hole is about .125 too big so maybe I can make it up when I mount the sprocket. Maybe.

Amazingly my hole saw is still pretty sharp after this. Probably more a testament to the cheapness of the sprocket than the quality of the hole saw.rotfl

Attachments

Last edited:

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
I made a little progress yesterday. Motor mounts and such. My kit came with the flat sprocket which didn't bother me 'till I ran into tire clearance problems. I wish it had a little offset to it. Oh well I'll probably just run smaller tires. I want white walls anyway.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Attachments

Last edited:

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
definitely a boardtracker. Look at any pic of a traditional boardtracker and then look at this bike. I really like what you did with the forks. Something I was curious about is the front forks. Are they rigid forks or is there some type of suspension in those tubes?

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
lookin' good.

What are you going to do for paint?

Thanks.
I don't know yet what paint scheme I'll use. I was thinking white frame, white tank with two different width red stripes down the top of the tank. Kinda like a shelby mustang.

I'm open to suggestions though.

My sturmey archer drum hub came in the mail today. I think it's a pretty racy lookin unit by itself:D I guess I gotta brush up on my wheelbuilding skils.