Anyone famillier with Red Bat engines?

GoldenMotor.com

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I've never heard of them, but through a strange series of events I ended up buying a brand new one. It looks like any other China 2-stroke, but I'm wondering if there's any difference in quality or anything. Anyone know?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I know what you know....that is I have heard of them. They can't be any different than a grubbee or flying horse.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well, it says "Out of stock, call for availability." So I guess the point is moot.

They parrot the Chinese instructions to "break in at 16:1" so, that tells me it's just another imported chinabuilt kit being sold by somebody who invested in a box of engine kits.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
They all come from China. That's the way I figure it. All though motors I got two years ago the ports were gnarly. The ones I see now are much cleaner. Unless someone set on motors for two years we are all getting the latest I think. Sure wish they would bring back the brass wrist pin though. Still holding on to a old one for my best custom built hot rod I will eventually get to.

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I cleaned the ports on my new Red Bat, and they really didn't need much work at all. Also, the sticker on the side cover said that it was manufactured in 2009.

I haven't installed or ran it yet. I'm really taking my time on this build, so it will be a few weeks at the very least before I know anything about performance or how smooth it runs etc. I don't expect it to be any different than my year-old Grubee though.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I know I have had a few of them and I know for a fact that they are one of the best motors out there, and I have put together a ton of them. I would like to find another one!

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I know I have had a few of them and I know for a fact that they are one of the best motors out there, and I have put together a ton of them. I would like to find another one!
I have to second this posting. I have had two of them and they are the best Ht engines I've bought.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Out of the 8 HT engines i've bought since 2009, I recieved one Red Bat from BGF.
It was the best quality of all of them.
Even the way it was boxed was well engineered. The box was smaller than the other kits, no part touched any other part in there, and there was no space at all that wasn't filled with parts or styrofoam sheet. Nothing could move around in there during shipping.