My Custom Cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome ShortWide. Did ya eat any bugs from grinning to much?

(No one ever forgets their first ChinaGirl)

BTW, cool mirror

shortwide

Jul 9, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
I cought a few bugs lol.. I rode that dange thing all over my town today and it was a blast. I'm already looking into a carb swap that stock thing is garbage!! It seems to break up under load but it might be the rich oil mix I'm running the first few tanks and the crap spark plug that comes with the kit. Any sugestions to make it run smoother?

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats happenin, just built the same bike, will post, but man, get rid of the stock pipe before u lose the carb. for chineese, the carb is all right, but its the stock pipe thats holding you back.try a pipe kit from sick bike parts, youll love the performance, and they are not any louder than stock.you can pick up an air filter for the stock carb as well from there. also spookytoothcycles has the performance carb, i have one but havent fired it up yet. i heard good things.also in my opinion, its probably better to lose the tensioner and just squeeze the frame where the chain will hit with some vise grips. the chain will then clear. both chains left and right side will be tight at same time. losing the tensioner, frees up a little power and is one less thing to worry about breakin down the road.

shortwide

Jul 9, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
Well after firing up the bike for the first time I parked it and gutted the stock muffler and welded it back together without the bottom piece so it's just as loud as it looks. Yes, that made a HUGE improvement! I'm going to build my own poo poo pipe before too long with a fish tail tip. It's running better and better as I ride so I think it's just growing pains from breaking in. Any sugestions on spark plugs other then the stock china one?

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Well after firing up the bike for the first time I parked it and gutted the stock muffler and welded it back together without the bottom piece so it's just as loud as it looks. Yes, that made a HUGE improvement! I'm going to build my own poo poo pipe before too long with a fish tail tip. It's running better and better as I ride so I think it's just growing pains from breaking in. Any sugestions on spark plugs other then the stock china one?
NGK...or Champion CJY8....the stock plugs will suffice but burn up rather quickly....also the CJY8 is shorter...allowing a little more boot clearance is that's an issue....I use NGK's....hotter fire and longer life....hope this helps.....and yep....you're motor is breaking in....after like 3 tanks of gas you'll notice....

Salty.shft.

shortwide

Jul 9, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
Man I been riding this pile of parts all day issue free and checking for loose nuts every hour or so.. It's a BLAST!! I even got harely riders giving me the wave as they pass by LOL!

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
personally I'd stay away from altering the frame itself as you risk the integrity of the frame at that point. I'd opt for adding a few washers to the drive side rear hub to stretch the frame a little to get the clearance instead of crimping the frame.. I've just had bad luck with breaking frames due to modification, and on a bike that costs $75 from Walmart I'd question the solidity of the frame in terms of how it would stand up to drilling.crimping..

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I don't plan on drilling or pinching my frame..
The Cranbrooks are already iffy in their construction....you're smart not to alter it....but a whole lot of people have successfully built up said bike.....there are SO many posts pertaining to this....do some research.....I have a black and chrome Cranny myself that is just begging to be motorized....

Salty.shft.

shortwide

Jul 9, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
Yea I'm not a newb when it comes to fabrication and structure. Even if I was to drill a hole I would plate around the where I wanted to drill first for added strength and then drill said hole. If I'm going to be riding anything down the road you bet I'm going to make sure it's not going to fall apart from under me haha. Accidents suck!

This bike for me is a cruise around town thing for me rather then hopping in the truck plus it's damn fun!!