iRide Customs Boardtrack bike

GoldenMotor.com

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Love that bike, but I am gonna be picky about just one thing..

I think a U-Stand on the rear axle would suit it better than a side stand.. although that is personal preference.

I like the faux crankcase extension and am slightly curious about that thing sticking out the top of what looks like the fuel filler.. some sort of vent hose?

congrats on a brilliant machine.

Jemma xx

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
wow! seems like everything you touch turns to solid cool!

that's gonna be a nifty little bike. i always thought those old upright Honda engines looked sharp; wish i'd kept that 2 cylinder 175cc SL! did you build that frame?

Clotho

May 25, 2008
I always like looking at your red bike. It's one of my favorites. Looks like the Honda will be a winner too!

wow! seems like everything you touch turns to solid cool!

that's gonna be a nifty little bike. i always thought those old upright Honda engines looked sharp; wish i'd kept that 2 cylinder 175cc SL! did you build that frame?
Thanks! Yes, I designed and built the frame. I also lowered the fork a little and will be doing some other metal work to hide the electronics.

VincenT

Feb 7, 2008
Thank you fine sir! I have stepped it up just slightly (only by 50cc's:eek:) and started in on my own motorcycle. I know it doesn't belong on this thread, or in this forum for that matter, but here's a sneak peek...

BEFORE...

AFTER...

ohhh...ohhhh....I love old honda's!!!!!!! I have a few, but my mods are only going as far as cafe racer type stuff, not redesign stuff like you. You do some awesome work!!! I'm a metal fab newbie.... still buying all the tools needed... What tools do you use for building the tank? (english wheel??, planishing hammer?, bag and mallet???? etc...) do you tig, mig, or oxy the tank? and what do you use to bend and notch tube? Sorry for the questions...

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I have two of those engines out in the mess in the garage, and a frame hanging from the rafters. I never thought about a bike like that but it is a good idea. Good job. Have fun, Dave

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Customs - I built a 165cc big bore for one of those engines years ago. I used a cylinder for a CB77 and turned the outside down. and a piston from a supercharged CB750, for the flat top to keep the compression down. Bored the cylinder casing out to fit the new Cylinder and bored out the new cylinder to fit the new piston. It makes a real stump puller I had to change the gearing from a revving engine to a torque gearing. I used it on a cafe racer I built. Have fun, looks good. Dave
PS: A bunch of fun stuff we used to do, they have been around forever. POWROLL PRODUCTS FOR THE HONDA VINTAGE 100 & 125

Customs - I built a 165cc big bore for one of those engines years ago. I used a cylinder for a CB77 and turned the outside down. and a piston from a supercharged CB750, for the flat top to keep the compression down. Bored the cylinder casing out to fit the new Cylinder and bored out the new cylinder to fit the new piston. It makes a real stump puller I had to change the gearing from a revving engine to a torque gearing. I used it on a cafe racer I built. Have fun, looks good. Dave
PS: A bunch of fun stuff we used to do, they have been around forever. POWROLL PRODUCTS FOR THE HONDA VINTAGE 100 & 125

I have been toying with the idea of hoppin' her up a bit and Powroll still hase a few kits for the SL. If I go the way I want, it would cost around $700 to $800 in the end. Powroll is just over the Cascade mountain range from me...at least they used to be in Bend Ore.

Last edited:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
i tend to agree about that little tank that comes with the kits, Walter. it looks good on some bikes, but i've been trying to come up with something differnt, too. i've been looking at old lawnmower tanks, but haven't come up with anything yet..
I agree the little tanks look good on certain bikes, but on my winter build it looked terrible. I had to come up with something like this.

Attachments

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
That's pretty cool. How much does it hold?
Thats as long as I could make it to fit along the top tube of the frame. It holds 1 quart, and that is probably enough for my type of riding. If I am going on a long ride I will have to take one of the other bikes. I love the frames and tanks on your bikes. I think my next one I will build a tank that will fit in between the frame tubes like the board track racers.

John