80cc bike engine has no power :(

GoldenMotor.com

baconteeth

Jun 7, 2008
Hello,

Me and a buddy bought two 80cc bike kits. We put them together and his works great but mine is really slow.

My bike starts fine, but if a turn the gas it just stalls. So I can only go about 10km per hour right now while he is zipping all around :(

I tried my friends spark plug and still mine does not work right.

I took apart the carb and it seems fine. I tried adjusting the needle with no effect.

Tried running it with out the air filter on and still it has no power.

Any advice? It just has no tork seem like it's some kind of air gas mixture problem. I use a 18 to 1 mixture for oil gas. My friend used the same gas and his is fine. Any ideas out there?

baconteeth

Jun 7, 2008
Omg I just took it apart again and looked at that pipe that the card goes onto.

It is almost completely sealed as if they welded it together and never bore out the hole? I have been search forums and have never seen this problem. The hole as it is, is only the size of shoelace and looks like it should be the size of the pipe. have not got a chance to run it but I'll keep all you very helpful posters posted?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Omg I just took it apart again and looked at that pipe that the carb goes onto.

It is almost completely sealed as if they welded it together and never bore out the hole? I have been search forums and have never seen this problem. The hole as it is, is only the size of shoelace and looks like it should be the size of the pipe. have not got a chance to run it but I'll keep all you very helpful posters posted?

This IS a new one!!! The intake manifold is clogged? At the bend??

Can you get a mototool in there?

baconteeth

Jun 7, 2008
Ya it is clogged. I was able to remove the very thin layer of metal at the bend with a screw driver and a small file. It's funny I would have never thought to look there lol. I keep looking at the air filter and carb for some kind of blockage.

Well I'll let you know if this works but honestly the hole was about 15 percent of the area of the pipe. This must be the problem.

Now at least it is on the forum so if someone else runs into this they'll now where to look.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
There is no such thing as an 80cc kit from China. Also.. I agree. This must be your problem. Is your intake Steel or Alloy? Let us know. Thanks..

jace

Jul 3, 2008
I had the same problem with 2 power king kits 80cc. One flys and one goes about 20mph.

bvCrimson

There is no such thing as an 80cc kit from China. Also.. I agree. This must be your problem. Is your intake Steel or Alloy? Let us know. Thanks..
Hi, I'm new here but I just ordered the 80cc black engine kit from PowerKing. Why do people keep saying there is no such thing as the 80cc kit? They even sell these at Spookys!!! So are these really 49cc and everyone including Spookys is lying, or does someone here not know what they are talking about?

jace

Jul 3, 2008
Hi, I'm new here but I just ordered the 80cc black engine kit from PowerKing. Why do people keep saying there is no such thing as the 80cc kit? They even sell these at Spookys!!! So are these really 49cc and everyone including Spookys is lying, or does someone here not know what they are talking about?
Steel intake

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

Because there really are no 80cc HT engines. They aren't 49CC, but closer to 67cc or so. So yes sellers lie about that........

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
If the police stop you that 80cc will become a 36cc real fast if you know what I mean. all my engines are 36cc and they are all stamped that way.