what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Found some time to take my baby's for a ride.
First time out of the shop in a week.....
This is why I live in Astoria.....

Peggy's new seat isn't quite broke in , He he he, haw haw haw.... Told her so...
Nice pix and yep some seats will break your seat in instead of the other way around, thats why I like the cloud9 seats, comfortable from the first time you sit on them and from then on.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Starting to build a custom behind the seat fuel tank for the Yellow "Taffy" bike

Ill post pix later on of the current progress and what Im using for parts and pieces, just junk around the shop, had this in mind for over a year and decided to get it started today.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well just got three motor kits today and 4 bikes coming in tomorrow with three more kits boy I feel sorry for the UPS and FEDEX guys LOL the mail person doesn't like me either I get at least 8 or more packages a week. so ill be building a few more bikes this weekend unless I sell the three I have done now.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Rode my bike for the first time in over a month. Finally got in all the parts and found the time to install. Had to also get a new output sprocket to fit the new 415 chain......no amount of grinding would make the old sprocket work.

So, with the new sprocket, Shimano coaster wheel, 36t sprocket and adapter, chrome 415 chain, Continental City Ride 26X1.75 tire, NT Speed carb, and a few other small things, I've got a different personality motorbicycle! Much smoother. Much quieter. Much less 'frantic' at a higher cruising speed. Much better!!

As all things lead to another, next on the list will be ordering a matching front wheel and tire, and maybe a Cloud 9 seat. I'm also gonna keep my eye out for a suspension front fork ---- then all that will be left of the original bike will be the frame!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Looks really nice Mark/xseler, I really like the looks of that wheel and adapter, I have the chrome steel wheels, but I like the black aluminum wheel better than mine.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
built me a fuel tank for my Yellow Taffy build, when you see what I built it out of some will shreak a bit pobably, but the tanks were well purged before any cutting was done on them, actually pulled the valves out of them last year and then today I pressured them up multiple times with compressed air and held them so the exit was at the bottom so if there was any gas lingering it would be blown out since propane is heavier than air.

CAUTION.... IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, DO NOT CUT, PUNCH HOLES IN OR GRIND ON PROPANE CYLINDERS, IF DONE WRONG YOU MAY GET A BIG BANG OUT OF IT.....!!!

I will be posting several pix to show most of what I did from start to brazed up and ready for a good coat of truck bed liner.

wasn't sure where to put this, but this is what I did today so I thought I'd just post all of it here.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Well, I have it a little farther along than this now but this is all the pix for now, hopefully the coating I put on it will turn out, I didn't like the way it sprayed on, but if I dont like it I'll just wrap the tank, but this is my project for the day.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Shan, that just makes me want to get a welder!! I could 'stick' weld back in the day, but have never used a wirefeed welder..........

Hmmm, may have to push back my retirement a couple of weeks. However, I could use the welder to make a little extra money!! Retirement back on track! Love it when a plan comes together!! LOL!

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
boxcar's photos remind me of the river trail here in my area. When heading down our trail, however, motors must be off.
Today I added a very low-buck bolt-on item that I know will make me happy. For $12.42 on eBay I found a center stand, and although there may be some kinks to be worked out, I am already much happier with this than constantly parking the bike next to an object to catch it when it falls.
One thing I'll hate replacing on the Micargi is the cushy seat - that sucker has lots of give & those springs underneath work well. Happily, I doubt I'll ever wind up buying a Brooks for this ride.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Shan, that just makes me want to get a welder!! I could 'stick' weld back in the day, but have never used a wirefeed welder..........

Hmmm, may have to push back my retirement a couple of weeks. However, I could use the welder to make a little extra money!! Retirement back on track! Love it when a plan comes together!! LOL!
I did all of this with a acetylene and oxygen torch & fluxed brass rod, I do have a mig welder and a couple cracker box stick welders, but for things like this I like a torch and either brass rod or a cleaned up piece of just mild steel wire like a coat hanger, I'm no pro at it but I can make it work.

Best wishes and congratulations on retirement coming soon, being just a regular working fella myself I figure my retirement party will be at a funeral home and I'll miss it....LOL!

dance1

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
I sure do like the looks of that tank, even uncompleted. I've long had the urge to sit down & explain to whoever designed the 'kit' tanks just why it was wrong to put the opening for the valve on the right-hand side of the tank.
:-||

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
the studs need to be longer and made like the toilet bolts where you can snap them off at the length you need most the bikes nowadays have a bigger top bar and you just about have to make your own bracket to keep it tight to the bar

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
I'm thinking about building a tank I have a Mig welder and tons of time besides that I would get to play with my new dentist drill I just got to port cylinders with. only problem is I ordered the wrong burs for it now it will take another few weeks till there here in the mean time ill just use the mini bench grinders flex shaft

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Another thing that works good for tanks like mapbike's,is track light canisters. Nice round dome end and different sizes. just make sure they are steel not aluminum. I got mine at habitat store $2 each. If you stick a piece of brass ,copper ,or aluminum behind the holes you can weld them shut the weld wont sick to it................Curt

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That's a great idea for making a tank and nice job on cutting up a few of the propane bottles to give it the capacity you're looking for... Personally I would just grind or power sand all the paint off and then clear coat it to show the braze joints, but either way it'll work great and look just as good... I'll most likely fab my own tank for the Stingray once I get it that far along but I'm not even gonna start on it until the bike is at least at the roller stage of the build. I'm just in the process of de rusting a lot of parts, buying parts that were either missing or rusted beyond help etc right now....

bostontom

Aug 27, 2011
Salem MA
Hello. Im new to this posting stuff but this is what I have been working on for a some weeks now. Hope you can see the photo as Im not to sure how to use this sight.