what are you waiting for in the mail ?

GoldenMotor.com

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Waiting on a 1HP industrial pump motor to put on my son's Razor Dune Buggy go-kart.

I upgraded the stock setup from 24V to 36V, but my son wanted more speed. So I went to a larger 1000W 36V motor on 48V and regeared with a 100A controller, but that proved too unreliable and something was always about to catch fire (gear ratio too low, controller too big...). I was going to regear and make some other tweaks, but a really good deal on eBay came up for the big motor, so went the bulletproof route.

So now going with a 24V American made industrial motor running at 48V, same 100A controller, running 8 gauge wire and geared for around 25 MPH. At that gearing, it should be capable of towing a car. Literally, a guy on modifiedelectricscooters has a similar setup that he towed his buddy's Maxima with!

Also waiting on a 50" LED TV for the game room, the first one shipped was delivered shattered...

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Today I received My WWl black Calf skin Gauntlet Gloves, they are TOP QUALITY! and to tell the truth I feel like I got the better end of the deal for $19.00. the only other gloves I found that even compared to a medium quality were $80.oo

Attachments

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I finally put the order through for Sick Bike Parts' HD Shift Kit. If they're right about the 2-5 business days to get it here, I should see it by the end of next week. I didn't add any different sprockets or anything, I'll see how it goes at 'stock' gearing to start with.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I just got 4 24x2.4 Cyclop tires. A set for my Boxer and another set for my eBike project.
Also a new 2.5" rim and hub that I laced up and a seat post rack for the DH eBike I'm building.

Attachments

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I just got 4 24x2.4 Cyclop tires. A set for my Boxer and another set for my eBike project.
Also a new 2.5" rim and hub that I laced up and a seat post rack for the DH eBike I'm building.
I love the CST Cyclops tires. They look so mean when mounted and are serving me well on my eBike.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
And you can't beat the price! I paid $54 shipping included for all 4 tires and that's what I was paying for just one Maxxis Hookworm. Scotto was the first one to try them out at the races and they held up great for him so I followed his lead.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Thanks to Treatlandtv's sales I just got my new air cleaner for my VM18 carb.
Oh and another couple pieces to the puzzle came in today from member chainmaker a wheelset with Sturmey archer drum and Shimano hub laced with stainless spokes.

Funny, my first "build" cost next to nothing and was ordered over night but this build with a little better quality parts is taking several months. Tough on the wallet.

Dan.

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
What am waiting for? Waiting for spring and my garage addition to be finished.
My garage is such a mess at the moment, as I'm in the throngs of expanding it to accommodate the two wheelers and other interesting junk. My Hiawatha is setting in despair, my '48 Viking Whizzer is lonely in the "family room, my Allstate moped is shivering under blankets in the cold dusty garage......etc.

Attachments