New guy on the block

GoldenMotor.com

Einteiler

Apr 24, 2013
Joinerville, TX
Howdy y'all. Thought I'd introduce myself.

As the spring semester is coming to a close, I found myself wanting to find something interesting to do over the summer. I'm an engineering major in college, so I wanted to find something to tinker with as a summer project. It just so happened that, as I was considering what to do, I accidentally stumbled upon the amazing world of motor bikes. What a perfect coincidence. So I started researching how to get into this awesome new hobby ive found. I'm totally new at this, and i've been reading the forum for a couple of days, so i decided to sign up. I'll probably have a bunch of questions in the near future, since I'm just getting into this, so I hope y'all got room for one more. My ultimate goal is to build a bike that I can ride for exercise, but use a motor for longer distances (I do live in Texas after all). I'm looking forward to getting started on my first build!

Justin

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Justin,
Welcome to our community. This hobby is fun and can also be functional. It serves to entertain, educate and can provide you with reliable and afforadable transportation.
Lots of assistance and advice here from people who have the experience to help you over any rough areas. Our search feature will provide you with answers to almost any question you might have but don't hesitate to ask if you can't find what you're looking for.

Good luck, ride safe.

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of types of motor kits out there so read before you buy.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Welcome, neighbor. :)

I'm a county over in Smith. If you stick around a while, these guys will be spending your money for ya and teach ya a thing or two in the process.