Clever Bike Names

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
fatdaddy, on your Tri-baby, how did you get the rear wheel to be both engine and pedal powered? More specifically, how does the pedal drive work/ is routed?
A picture is worth a thousand words. The only thing ya cant see is that I took a threaded pipe, notched it out where the sprocket bolts went, and welded the rest directly to the sprocket. Then just spun on the freewheel. The second pic is how I did the pedal assembly. What ya can't see in this one is that I had to use a spring tensioner( an old derailer) on the pedal chain to compensate for the movement of the rear suspension.
fatdaddy.
And OH YEAH, The pedals aren't really for pedaling, They came off a 12" bike and they work, but their mainly just to make it legal.

Attachments

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
My first motorized bicycle (kit) was dubbed 'Suicide' due to a front disc brake only. My next build (custom/non-kit) will be named '5150'.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
It will be FD. 49cc 4 stroke on a 12" Strada by VariFlex. Its gonna be INSANE.

I'd be a lot happier with a BCAmerica Skywalker. Know where to get one?

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I found one at an old BCA building,now owned by BikeUSA,and it is most definitely not for sale.

Even though I wasn't asking to buy it.

I have a conspiracy theory about what happened to the BCA company. And of course the government is involved.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I found one at an old BCA building,now owned by BikeUSA,and it is most definitely not for sale.

Even though I wasn't asking to buy it.

I have a conspiracy theory about what happened to the BCA company. And of course the government is involved.
Isn't it ALWAYS involved, especially when yer just tryin to have fun.
fatdaddy.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That's really all I want to do. If I had seen one of these when they were being made I would have had 2! A few months ago is when I first saw one on (I think) bikeforums.com.

I'm doing basically the same thing,but pedals in the front. And the rear wheel will drive on one side only,probably the left.

Just waiting till payday(my sugar momma's) to buy the rest of the single speed drive system.

Jbomb

May 19, 2012
Wichita, KS.
So far my first MB I named "The Atomic BB". I like that name, and have never considered anything else.

My second MB was a Cadillac, so it was just named it "The Cadillac". It lived up to it's name too. I've had 2 Cadillac cars, and they were both the worst cars I've ever owned. Always in the shop. The MB was just as bad. The motor blew up after 600 miles. After I rebuilt it, it only lasted another 500 miles before it crapped out again. I finally decomissioned it, and turned it back into a riding bicycle, which it seems to like being a lot better.

Now I'm fixing to build a Felt Deep Six. I've kept it in my living room all summer, and have been trying to think of a good name for it besides just calling it "The Felt", but nothing has come to me. I hope I can think of something good. Any ideas?

I almost bought the Deep Six, but opted for the Slater because of the springer fork. If I had bought the Deep Six, I would have called it The Sinister Six.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I almost bought the Deep Six, but opted for the Slater because of the springer fork. If I had bought the Deep Six, I would have called it The Sinister Six.
That sounds like a pretty good name for one.

So what are you naming your Slater?

Jbomb

May 19, 2012
Wichita, KS.
That sounds like a pretty good name for one.

So what are you naming your Slater?
Not sure yet, that's what led me to this thread, haha! It will be a Morini S6S build. I thought about Phantom's Fury, Bad Company, Popcorn's Revenge (after Popcorn Sutton (RIP), and inspired by moonshine running) and a few others. Still trying to decide. I think it will depend on the finished bike and its "attitude". I'm sure it will have quite the personality!

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
I am about to start work on the "Screaming Eagle". It's going to be a military themed bike for my father-in-law who was in the 101st Airborne...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I am about to start work on the "Screaming Eagle". It's going to be a military themed bike for my father-in-law who was in the 101st Airborne...

.flg.

"We are airborne. We are always surrounded"

Thank him, from me.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Not sure yet, that's what led me to this thread, haha! It will be a Morini S6S build. I thought about Phantom's Fury, Bad Company, Popcorn's Revenge (after Popcorn Sutton (RIP), and inspired by moonshine running) and a few others. Still trying to decide. I think it will depend on the finished bike and its "attitude". I'm sure it will have quite the personality!
What I learned from this thread is you don't name the bike. The bike tells you it's name. Just think about it.