FRIENDLY reminder...

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Recently, we the mods have noticed a lot of rude responses to questions by members of this forum.

Mostly to new members, by more "established" members.

Notice I didn't say more "knowledgeable".

I will remind those who are in offence to think before you post.

Not everyone is an expert and most come here to learn, not be admonished by the self appointed "experts".

If you can't post without being rude, (there is a difference between rudeness, sarcasm, and strange sense of humor BTW) then don't reply. Go have another beer, or take it out on an inanimate object, not your fellow motorized bikers.

That goes for the chat as well.

Thanks for listening.

Joe

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
A stereotype is a popular belief about specific types of individuals. The concepts of "stereotype" and "prejudice" are often confused with many other different meanings. Stereotypes are standardized and simplified conceptions of people based on some prior assumptions. Another name for stereotyping is bias. A bias is a tendency, most of these are good, but sometimes stereotyping can turn into discrimination if we misinterpret a bias and act upon it in a negative manner.

not everyone drinks alcohol

the rules are simple.
1. do not curse and treat all members with respect.
2. use the search function for topic you are looking for and add to that thread and if nothing found start a new thread
3. if someone has a question answer it with a link if already covered. a response of use the search is not needed. most likely the person couldn't find it. its all about helping each other
4. no spamming
5. most important is to have fun and share with others
6. the forum is about motorized bicycles so lets try to keep things about them. i do not want politics and religion as part of the forum

http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=2&postcount=1

To lead by example is the best and most respected way to lead
This is just my honest opinion

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Well said Joe. A lot of the newbies have never even built a styrene car model.
I am proud of them for trying to build a motor bike.
It's OK if you do not want to answer questions from newbies. Just move on to the next thread.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I think that pretty well sums it up John......well put!

Now let's live and let live and don't forget to ride and have fun (and be helpful of course).

dnut

A stereotype is a popular belief about specific types of individuals. The concepts of "stereotype" and "prejudice" are often confused with many other different meanings. Stereotypes are standardized and simplified conceptions of people based on some prior assumptions. Another name for stereotyping is bias. A bias is a tendency, most of these are good, but sometimes stereotyping can turn into discrimination if we misinterpret a bias and act upon it in a negative manner.

not everyone drinks alcohol

the rules are simple.
1. do not curse and treat all members with respect.
2. use the search function for topic you are looking for and add to that thread and if nothing found start a new thread
3. if someone has a question answer it with a link if already covered. a response of use the search is not needed. most likely the person couldn't find it. its all about helping each other
4. no spamming
5. most important is to have fun and share with others
6. the forum is about motorized bicycles so lets try to keep things about them. i do not want politics and religion as part of the forum

http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=2&postcount=1

To lead by example is the best and most respected way to lead
This is just my honest opinion

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Joe is spot on. We need to be kind to new folks! Never turned a wrench? no problem, welcome friend.

What tourcs me is the experts here who are unkind. Want to be a Richard, you need to go elsewhere.