Buddfab's Maytag Bike

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
That would be AWESOME I am sure me and a hole lot of others would realy look forward to seeing that.............Curt

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I have drooled over his videos hundreds of times, he would make a valuable member of this site, if he was to join us. We would love to have him!!!!!!!!!

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I agree. The simple yet genius solutions to the many problems a Maytag powered bike could present are handled very asthetically and the robust construction makes it appear bulletproof. Like the timing advance, replacement flywheel on the opposite side, two tower coil, total loss ignition, carburetor choice and modification, fuel tank vent, the list goes on and on. It's just a great work of art.

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
VW beetle front beam axle with rack and pinion steering adapted and what looks like a Honda CX500 80 degree V-twin shaft drive motorcycle with Cherry Bomb glasspacks back there....drool. Makes the old Maytag bike look like child's play (for him it probably was).

MHF

Just his "next" project. He's working on getting the body "covering" attached. This is a replica (with some latitude) of a Velorex. They had the tube frame that you see with a vinyl covering as the body. The originals are from Czechoslovakia and have a Jawa 350 motorcycle motor. John's is using the Honda 500CX. Model A front wheels. I've worked with him on some of my projects in his shop and he is truly amazing. He doesn't waste any time and just goes about the tasks required to get IT done.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Boogerballs, the link in the first post of this thread shows the Maytag bike in a show setting. Does Mr. Buddenbaum show it very often ?

Also, since you are aquainted with him, do you think he would be willing to contribute some of his build details to this forum ?

I'm also interested in exchanging ideas with him about the atmospheric intake system on with VW cylinder single. I have a small v-twin air compressor pump I want to convert to internal combustion, possibly using a vacuum operated intake valve system.

Thanks,
MHF
I know you're only talking about a VW single cylinder but i still couldnt help to think of you when i saw this absolutely beautiful v-twin using VW heads, cylinders, pistons and "other" parts and a British made Vickers lower casing. I thought you might want a look.

Redirect Notice

And video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBfhgjn4En8&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited:

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
He doesn't show it that often. Usually just locally when it's convenient (and sometimes even free). He would probably answer any question you might have about his build. I will check with him and see if I can't get him on here.
Boogerballs, any word from Mr. Buddenbaum on joining up and sharing some info on his Maytag build ?

Thanks

MHF