grinding in clutch

GoldenMotor.com

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
I have a grubee silver hawk 2stroke engine and I am starting to hear some grinding in the clutch . I have tried to put oil in it but i only got a little in there w/out taking anything apart of course. I am thinking that i have too can sumone fill me in before somethin happens to my engine. I am jus thinkin its my barings after looking at the lay out of the clutch.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It may just be the cover is making contact with the clutch plate. How about a more specific description of the sound and where it is coming from?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm a little concerned that you put oil in the clutch. We recommend a small dab of grease on the gears but the clutch should be dry and free of any lubricants.
Tom

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
I'm not sure why I used oil but further digging I found that I probably could use a dab of grease in where I'm thinking the grind is. I did sum research an reg454 " inner clutch spring tightening", in case you look his link up it is pic #2 where th clutch cable threads through I was'nt aware that it came off and so I'm gonna give it a shot of grease. Do you think this could help or hurt it.

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
I'm not sure xactly where I jus know when I'm letting up off the clutch it seems that im hearing what sounds like something is just too dry maybe, sorry I can't be more descriptive on my problem. I had done a'lil research since and found a guy through here named reg454 and he was clutch spring tightening; and if you go to the sight it has a pic #2 where he shows where the clutch guide is removed and I'm thinking that I can put a dab of grease down in it and it might solve my problem . Yes or No