WOW ! I thought I was on my own...

GoldenMotor.com

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Ok so the SIP Scootershop is a no-go and I don't really have a store or business tax I.D. so I don't really have any type of influence on getting some imported through the distributors. Maybe Justin or at PirateCycles or one of the other vendors might.

The other option is that maybe Dougy might be able to advise pricing for some of these from his local vendor and be willing to sell them via PayPal to us. If so could you check and see how much it would be to ship them from your side of the pond to us?

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
Ok so the SIP Scootershop is a no-go and I don't really have a store or business tax I.D. so I don't really have any type of influence on getting some imported through the distributors. Maybe Justin or at PirateCycles or one of the other vendors might.

The other option is that maybe Dougy might be able to advise pricing for some of these from his local vendor and be willing to sell them via PayPal to us. If so could you check and see how much it would be to ship them from your side of the pond to us?
No problem mate, I'm on it, I'll go try find the reciept..bf.

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
RIGHT...
I got mine April 2010 and the price and info needed then was.
Code: NC100597. Description: 2-22(26-260) conti KKS10
I got two at £28.94 each which came to £57.88 + VAT = £68.01

The shop was called TST TYRES / CULCHETH TYRES and their address and phone number is:
UNIT D1 TAYLOR BUISNESS, WARRINGTON ROAD, RISLEY, WARRINGTON, WA3 6BL. There phone number is 01925 766987.

They also have an email address which is...
[email protected]

Give them a go first, they do post.
brnot

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Says it all really SB !
Am I right in thinking that in America you can fit an engine in a bike and off you go ?r.ly.
No simple answer to that one as each state has its own laws. My understanding is that most states draw a line at 50cc, 30 mph and require a Department of Transportation approved motorcycle type of helmet. From there it gets hazy and sometimes crazy. Connecticut allows up to 5 hsp, I believe, and some states are not at all motor bicycle friendly. We're better off than Canada which now has a national ban on gas motored bicycles, although some provinces are less anal about enforcement. This is in a country with 4 million chainsaws running at any given time, snowmobiles galore and where you can ride around all day in your Hummer gas guzzler. Go figure.
I personally avoid police and when I can't I ride as if I have a total right to be on the road. Along with that right is the responsibility to ride safely and obey the laws. Police wave to me when I wave to them. Being an old guy probably helps. I think most police are not too sure whether we are legal or not, so unless you're drawing attention to yourself by speeding, not stopping at stop signs and that sort of thing I find they look the other way. I live part of the year in Maryland and part in Minnesota where in both states motored bikes are legal up to 50 cc. Only one of my bikes is 50CC. The one I ride most is 79 CC four stroke although it isn't marked as such anywhere on the engine. So technically I'm breaking the law on that one. Big criminal.
SB

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
O NO, I've been talking to a criminal LOL, I wish it where like that here SB, but everything that use's petrol has to be road taxed, insured, and mot'd but even before all that, your two wheeled vehicle built by a shed builder has to go through a MSVA test which they allow 4 hours for and theres no guarantee it will pass, then on top of that theres the DVLA test which is mostly paperwork, thats the easy bit though, the hard bit is getting someone to insure your home made vehicle ! Then thats just getting going lol, theres 4 differant tests took over years just to get a bike licence. Land of the free we are not (I'm not even going to mention getting a mortgage to buy some petrol !)
Sorry mate just read that an it was a bit of a rant lol
usflg

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I emailed the shop directly dougy so we will see what they say. In the mean time I believe Justin is contacting the Representative for Continental to see about ordering several sets for resale.

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
I'd be made up if you get it sorted mate, I'm dealing with a company in America Ive sent money to, there called gocartsusa.com and I'm not sure if it's a con because I can't seem to contact them an find out what's happend to my money or parts ! So I know what it's like for someone to be at the mercy of another countrys strange alien system ! However if they won't post to you for whatever reason or you have any hassel, their not too far from me and will try sort it out this end for you. Glad to have made a differance, your man in the UK, dougy.zpt

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Last edited:

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
Thanks for doing that for me Dan your a gent, I,m proper browned off at the min because of this, I havent given up yet though because people have recieved stuff even if it was'nt up to scratch so fingers crossed ehh that I havent been screwed for $400 or maybee $800, because I first of all paid by debit card and the cash was took out but they then decided they didnt accept cards from overseas and needed a wire transfare instead promising to refund the card ! If it is a con website I hope my money makes them happy.

I emailed them again today and rang six times to no avail ! The email help cards you fill in on line when completed end up saying you can now call the customer service number or no action will be taken, and guess what happens when you call that number ??? It puts you through to customer services who tell you to do it on line ! and round and round you go....

Thanks again Dan, no one died though.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Big time and your certainly welcome. Let me know if there is any thing I can do being local an' all. There are a lot of avenues open to you. If they did in fact scam you, is a crime and actionable. Kinda apropo, your not on your own in this. Really, we gotta look out for each other.

Your build is coming together beautifully! Great craftsmanship.

Not to go to far off but am looking for folks from Europe, Eastern too, Australia and other areas to write on motorized bicycle riding. If your interested; http://motorbicycling.com/f3/motorbicycling-com-magizine-1743.html Could be fun. On any thing you you would enjoy doing. Laws or how folks react, any thing. Will be online, e-readers and in print. Just a thought and sorry about the OT

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
Darkhawk I'm really sorry mate I've been waiting for this tyre company to get back to me about price and availability but the message I sent them weeks ago never left my computer for some reason an I've just noticed it in my outbox, once again all my fault as I said I'd do it and I cocked up, but I have now sent the email and I will chase them up again tommorow if they haven't replied.

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
Been a bit slack of late with this project but I've started again with gusto and its almost on the road ! The bikes near enough done I'm just going over it makeing sure everything tight, It was a big job getting the back brakes working good after fitting them and to cut a long story short the frame was flexing when the brake was applied and to fix it I braced it up all over the place, its not pretty but works fine. I'm just waiting on a roadworthy test called the MSVA.

:-||

Last edited:

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
Yes mate I did but I had help, there based in California and I got someone local to go down and rattle there cage for me, they deliverd the goods but it took a long time getting them and also cost a he'll of a lot more money too ! As a company there terrable to deal with and I would never ever recomend them !
Thanks for your kind comments on the bike :)

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
Got a bit further on today with the legal stuff, got my vin number, I've now got to get a garage to stamp the DVLA paperwork to say its stamped up correctly, dont you just love red tape.:-||

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Really has the classic English reto motor-bike look Dougy.

I keep thinking some one has to send pics to "Top Gear" Your's would be a great example. LOL, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May drag racing or trying to get threw London during rush hour?

Really beautiful build. Looks like it was manufactured after huge amounts of capitol were invested in R&D. Man, I want that tank!

Last edited: