ok heres the start of my second build

GoldenMotor.com

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
here we go again my first build was pretty much done but ran into money problems so i had to sell it but ow think i should be ok to start another one i will post picks everyday i do something and here what im starting with should be ordering some parts on monday to get it started i would like if anyone has a nice cheap behind the seat tank on one that mounts on the front of the bike like the coffee can ones please let me know i dont want to pay 200 dollors for one but let me know what u guys think thanks i beleive this is a 1960 spaceliner or cosmic flyer

[/IMG]

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Nice looking bike, should be a cool build. You could always mount the kit tank on the rear rack ( Im surprised we dont see this more. Or get in touch with member Silverbear he makes a really nice leather wrapped rear mount tank for a fair price.
Cheers

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
yeah i love the forks and i put some ape hangers on it today feels really good will get some pics up soon thanks for all the positive compents and yes i do want one of those tanks i saw them when i was doin my last build i may just do the regular tank on the front not sure yet

Last edited:

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
also how does anyone know how to polish chrome with out a brillo pad like what would i use to buff it

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
They make a crome polish.or you can use rubing compound. Nice bike,what does it have for a front spring?
Maybe take a close up picture?..........Curt

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
curt thats the factory springer front end for this bike i google it and i only saw one like that on any of the other spaceliners or cosmic flyer need the factory tank but i here that is goin to be imposible to find but i will have to keep my eyes open

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
chrome looks to be pitted a rechrome would make it pop but chrome polish might get you where u want

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Thats Awesooooome Thanks Maybe brimg a lot of money on ebay? Going to be a neet build,probably one of fork. Almost the same as Indian with leaf spring.........Curt

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
yeah the chrome really isnt bad the frame is not pitted the fenders do seem to be a little pitted but i think it will all clean up we will see im in the process od ordering red ballon tires tonight so i think it will stand out real nice

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
also how does anyone know how to polish chrome with out a brillo pad like what would i use to buff it
Chrome is harder than stainless steel in a stainless steel wire brush.

I have had GREAT luck cleaning rusty chrome bikes and motorcycle parts with those small stainless brushes from local hardware stores.

Amazing how good they work. Kinda hard to scratch chrome with one.

I treat the places like welds, rims and spokes, that don't polish off, with rust inhibitor, then spray chrome(aluminum) paint on Q-tip swabs and touch up the missing chrome.
It's amazing how far you can bring chrome bikes or rims back with these methods.

This one was very rusty when I got it.

DSC_1332.JPG

Last edited:

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
got my tires today decided to strip off the extras im not fond of the fenders and rear rack u like the look now let me know what everyone thinks thanks guys

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I like the old school antique all original look of an old bike like that, rust pits and rusty paint and all, gives it character.

That bike has some appealing unusual and unique curves in it's lines.

If that bike is rare, it will be way more valueable in it's original condition, just cleaned up and polished.

I would keep all the stuff and don't mod it too much, so it can be put back original

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I am with Wayne. Even if it were bobed fenders like an old Indian or the like. You could use any fenders for that maybe black with the crome frame......LOL...Curt

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
always great to here everyones opinion i have all the parts i took off and have plan on redoing all of the such as being rechromed and painted but i still like the stripped down look i did decide to do with the fliped over cruiser bars that i had on my previous bike instead of the ape hangers i really like the look alot better oh and need a tip for my air compressor thats why my tires are still not blown up owe and i had to go on photo bucket and almost started to cry found the pics of my first build that i had to sell for morgage money but here was my first baby some will remember

waynestore67

Nov 5, 2010
missisippi
I got one for Christmas 45 years ago. It's the same frame, and springer from a Sears Spaceliner. Had a big red and chrome plastic tank, with headlight and horn, and I believe chrome rear rack. The most expensive bike in the Sears catalog. Wish I still had it.