Oversize frame mounting bracket

GoldenMotor.com

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
I have a bicycle frame that is oversized (larger diamater) than the 67 cc motor is designed to mount on. The motor fits the seatpost down tube fine but the front mounting tube is larger. I have seen these brackets from time to time on ebay but none are listed right now and I want to build this bike asap. I know that I could drill the frame and mount it that way but don't want to risk drilling and not getting it exactly square.

Can anyone help me locate a source for the brackets made to mount the standard motor from China on a larger front tube?

Thanks for the help.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
pretty simple actually if you have a drill and small piece of 1/4" steel and a u-bolt and a 5/16" drill bit! and make your own!

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
drilling thru the frame is never a good idea.
you COULD get some threaded rod of same pitch as mount studs, make them about 2 1/2" long. thread them into motor. pry them apart and set motor into frame. squeeze them back together.
flatten front mount a little. install mount, nuts, washers.
grind off excess rod.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
EEK! Drilling holes in a frame is Never a goog idea. That down tube supports not only you, but the front end as well. If it breaks your day gets MUCH worse! Don't drill the support tube. :eek:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I've drilled mine and nothing bad has happened in the year that I've been riding it. Its a swhinn made in china to boot so I'm riding on the edge. I would have welded in a tube where I drilled the frame but so far I've not found spary paint to match the bike so I ride it like I've stole it.
I wasn't too hot on the idea of drilling the frame but so far its working the engine was a vey tight fit in the frame there is a close up of it on pictures and videos about page 6 of Norman's bikes pictures if you want to see it.

Last edited: