New to the forum

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I tend to redo things as an improvement each time untill it is perfect. I have an ultimate build plan when I initially start out a project and complete it as I can afford it. I never want to wait until I can afford the ultimate, so I build what I have and enjoy it for what it is worth, improving it as I go along.

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
ok new crank case gets here tomorrow , i wont be on as much because i have no computer , but hopefully soon I will be getting one form a friend (all my firends have tons of parts , since we build them ) any way i hope to have it all finished by tomorrow night depends on the time the package gets here
thanks for the help :)

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
I Guess it's better to be brilliant and make lots of mistakes, cus you only accept the bestest and money is just something that gets printed.

I grew up without the interwebsnet and patience was mandatory back then. You used to study a catalog of zillions of parts and figure out what would work, take notes, order, wait 6 weeks for delivery. Better not screw up the order, or just jump in and break something when it arrives or it is another 6 weeks and more money and no finished project.

Last edited:

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
Bairco,dude you need some sleep bad,or maybe a trip on a plane,but a break none the less(we need you in tip top shape to provide your witty commements an poignant sarcasm )hope to see you on one of our rides Later Bob

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
you're 16. an aircraft designer. engines come naturally to you. yet, you have no idea how to figure out a prehistoric 2 stroke.

remind me never to fly again...
We understand you're just being yourself Baird.....at one point or another you've always cut all of us down.....it's just who you are and we understand that....no offense......

Salty.shft.

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
tell me Baird did you build an ultralight helicopter in your garage at age 10? our aircraft engines aren't ,made like cheap Chinese toys they are already ported and balanced , i can build aircraft in my sleep but i have never NEEDED to port an engine so I wasn't sure exactly how to do it , however i managed to balance my crank with a wood stand and metal flooring strips , and double checked it in my shop If i was you i wouldn't worry about getting on the plane I'd be worried about it crashing on you both are equally as dangerous as the other . Stupid ups delayed my package , it SHOULD be here tomorrow. It's only 15 miles away.

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
tell me Baird did you build an ultralight helicopter in your garage at age 10? our aircraft engines aren't ,made like cheap Chinese toys they are already ported and balanced , i can build aircraft in my sleep but i have never NEEDED to port an engine so I wasn't sure exactly how to do it , however i managed to balance my crank with a wood stand and metal flooring strips , and double checked it in my shop If i was you i wouldn't worry about getting on the plane I'd be worried about it crashing on you both are equally as dangerous as the other . Stupid ups delayed my package , it SHOULD be here tomorrow. It's only 15 miles away.

Bairdco is pretty much an a$$ huh ?....he always has been........dissed me on my deafness.....everyone here who knows me......knows I'm deaf.....but Bairdco....took it upon himself....to ask me how my motor sounded.....WTF >....he thinks he's all that....meh.......take the good with the bad.....with LARGE grains of salt.....I'm sure this post of mine is going to be yanked.....but Bairdco has consistently proven himself to be said a$$.....look through his posts.....I really don't care if I get censored .....everyone else here is aware........

Salty.shft.

Last edited:

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
You can BS all the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cant BS all the people all the time.

Abe Lincoln

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
If someone makes a snarky comment you don't like - and you choose to make a snarky comment yourself instead of simply ignoring it, replying in a mature fashion or just reporting it to staff, you're just as bad.

What you're doing here is turning a minor issue into a major public spectacle, one mildly rude comment questioning the authenticity of a claim into a public crucifixion based on unrelated incidents which in all likelihood escalated exactly as this one is.

If you have a problem with someone - ignoring them is by far the easiest thing to do, PMing them to see what's up the mature thing to do, reporting them to staff is the proper thing to do.

Everything else is childish hypocrisy that just makes the problem you're complaining about worse - which is exactly why we sometimes pull posts like these.

Let's jus' continue to babble about our toys and move on.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i posted my rude little coment because the first post of your thread was about how much experience you have, which is impressive, at such a young age, yet the rest of your posts are about how you turned a perfectly good (and simple) engine into a doorstop.

you don't seem to have any working knowledge of tools, are confused about the nature of parts (venturis, as an example) and you're spending more time breaking things than building them.

which, in itself is fine. it's a comedy of errors, and it's not what bothered me enough to heckle you.

but statements like these is what made me want to humble you a bit:

"... if you cant figure it out then maybe you shouldnt be playing with these engines..."

and

"...but i've always upgraded things to the fullest , since these engines aren't even made correctly I,m remaking it , in a way as close to properly as i can , i've always done this and it works for my planes and other projects , in my eyes i'm doing it right the first time..."

if you want to be a know-it-all, great. but wait till you can back it up with results.

y'know. like me...;)

p.s. i really hope you figure it out and learn something. i'm not trying to dash a kid's dreams, and i don't think i have that power, so just keep at it. at least if you keep breaking stuff before it's even run, then when things break by natural causes, you'll already know how to fix them.

pps. Salty, dude, i said i was sorry.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
We all gotta start somewhere. Should'a seen the crap I got my hands into growing up. Between that and chores, My father kinda figured was staying out a trouble. Well it was always a maybe there.:p

I am 40+ years old and still get a new grasp of respect for my elders means too. Sometimes I still step in something lol. :p Just take good notes and stay out a trouble its good to see people willing to work with there hands a bit and learn! Shoot that's one of the things I love the most about this forum!:)

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
If someone makes a snarky comment you don't like - and you choose to make a snarky comment yourself instead of simply ignoring it, replying in a mature fashion or just reporting it to staff, you're just as bad.

What you're doing here is turning a minor issue into a major public spectacle, one mildly rude comment questioning the authenticity of a claim into a public crucifixion based on unrelated incidents which in all likelihood escalated exactly as this one is.

If you have a problem with someone - ignoring them is by far the easiest thing to do, PMing them to see what's up the mature thing to do, reporting them to staff is the proper thing to do.

Everything else is childish hypocrisy that just makes the problem you're complaining about worse - which is exactly why we sometimes pull posts like these.

Let's jus' continue to babble about our toys and move on.
Yes......let's just grow our toys....I publicly apologize to each and every member here for being a rude and uncouth member of the forum....happy biking folks !

Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Very eloquent Bairdco.....I was probably a tad harsh on you and I apologize for that.....you DO make some bad a$$ bikes I must say :)

Salty.shft.

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
well even if i wanted to build my bike i cant , the crank case i ordered doesn't fit my bike , stupid crappy engines , im just ordering a new one in a week or two , so until then i guess i wont be on , there isnt anything i can really do if the parts don't match up i took a 10 lbs. sledge hammer to the thing , saved the carb and other parts i wanted , that could still be used the crank is shot and the case , i was tempted to just give up but after putting in about 500$ in this thing i want to finish it and these engines arent perfectly good i know how to use tools (lathe metal and wood mig, tig , and arc welders cnc machines ect , i have big boy toys at my shop :D just some times i make simple mistakes , at least i don't come up with some BS excuse XD like my dad and grandfather , and yes lets continue with our (cheap Chinese) toys

Last edited:

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
Ben Franklin, an idea man from way back, insisted that patience is a virtue. I would add that failure is the tuition you pay for eventual success and impatience just raises the price.