azbill's EZM powered Jaguar

GoldenMotor.com

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I am going to build a side car. I was reading the thread and I know your G Kids are going to be talking about your rides all there life. Mine are older and would not fit in the trailer any more, so I think a side car will be the best shot for me. Thanks for the idea, and I have the smiles embedded in my mind. Have fun, Dave

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I am in the middle of designing a larger trailer or smaller pedi-cab , luckily, they are still fitting in their bought trailer :)Grampa is a slow builder LOL
I get swarmed by all the kids when I drop the oldest at school every morn...am thinking of charging (25c)for rides around the block rotfl

after seeing your builds, thanks for the props Dave !!!

starrunner

May 12, 2008
vintageboatplans.com
Mr Bill I like the 4 stroke motor on your bike where did you get it from and did you build the motor mounts yourself
That motor mount is the one piece stock mount that comes with all the Chinese 4 stroke kits. It comes with the old JL Hoot kit. It's not adjustable but there is another version of it made that is adjustable.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I made mine adjustable,,,and extended/re-inforced it with angle iron
my EZM was one of the first kits released, they are now being sold with the easier to use mounts :)

I have 2000+ miles on my kit so far...I LOVE MY BIKE !!! :)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Very nice, Bill. I'm interested in the motor kit and am glad to hear about it being quiet. That's a real plus. You little grand daughter is a cutey, by the way. I guess you knew that. For a couple of years I worked as a personal care attendant for an Indian family with twelve adopted Ojibwe children, all with disabilities resulting from fetal alcohol syndrome. I was a kind of live in grandpa and in particular was to mentor a seven year old autistic boy who was sometimes violent and I would need to wrap him in a blanket and hold him until he got control of himself. Isaac was a handful, built like a little Tarzan with way too much energy and anger. The one thing that would level him out was going for a trailer ride through the forest behind my 2 stroke American. Autistic kids like to be inside something and to feel protected, so the trailer was like a little hideout. He and my dog Aaniimoosh went for some very long rides. As soon as he climbed in he settled down and then with the passing scenery, bumping along a gravel road, the hum of the motor and exhaust... a deep soul smile filled the boy and he was at peace with himself. He was in a special zone which leveled him right out. So when he had been particularly maddening his adoptive mom would look at me with pleading eyes and say, "why don't you boys go for a bike ride? Here's your lunch. Take your time." Sometimes we'd stop and eat our lunch by a creek and go wading or catch crawdads. We'd eat peanuts and pretend the shells were little boats which floated away with the current. I have fond memories of that and know Isaac does, too. Bikes and kids and grandpas and dogs and trailers all go together nicely, I think.
Silverbear

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
Very nice, Bill. I'm interested in the motor kit and am glad to hear about it being quiet. That's a real plus. You little grand daughter is a cutey, by the way. I guess you knew that. For a couple of years I worked as a personal care attendant for an Indian family with twelve adopted Ojibwe children, all with disabilities resulting from fetal alcohol syndrome. I was a kind of live in grandpa and in particular was to mentor a seven year old autistic boy who was sometimes violent and I would need to wrap him in a blanket and hold him until he got control of himself. Isaac was a handful, built like a little Tarzan with way too much energy and anger. The one thing that would level him out was going for a trailer ride through the forest behind my 2 stroke American. Autistic kids like to be inside something and to feel protected, so the trailer was like a little hideout. He and my dog Aaniimoosh went for some very long rides. As soon as he climbed in he settled down and then with the passing scenery, bumping along a gravel road, the hum of the motor and exhaust... a deep soul smile filled the boy and he was at peace with himself. He was in a special zone which leveled him right out. So when he had been particularly maddening his adoptive mom would look at me with pleading eyes and say, "why don't you boys go for a bike ride? Here's your lunch. Take your time." Sometimes we'd stop and eat our lunch by a creek and go wading or catch crawdads. We'd eat peanuts and pretend the shells were little boats which floated away with the current. I have fond memories of that and know Isaac does, too. Bikes and kids and grandpas and dogs and trailers all go together nicely, I think.
Silverbear
WAS'TE YELO!drn2

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Silverbear
Dunno how many times I have read that SB. Really great stuff and a beautiful mental image. Your dog's name, "Aaniimoosh" Does it mean any thing?

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I just re-read this :):):) made me smile again !
SB, thanks for the kind words/excellent story !!!
I am blessed by living here and getting to do things with my grandkids (playing with, lots of quality time)that I wasn't able to do with their mom (too busy making a buck, like most dads)

thanks for bumping this !

ps...I should have responded earlier, can't remember why I didn't :(

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Yes Bill, We Had More Time For Our 4th Born. Had 40 Acres And Horses So We Were Lucky To Have Time For All Of Them, They Do Grow Up To Fast. Need To Hug Them Befor They Say; Dad, I`m Not A Kid Any More!! Lol. Great Memory Silver Bear. Thanks For Sharing. Is This Want Is Called "Extended Family"? It`s A Big One! Ron

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Dunno how many times I have read that SB. Really great stuff and a beautiful mental image. Your dog's name, "Aaniimoosh" Does it mean any thing?
Dan, Bill and Youngbird, thank you guys for the kind words. My brother named his dog "Dawg". When I got my little friend I decided to call her "Aaniimoosh" which is the Ojibwa word meaning "dog". Sometimes she's called Aanii (pronounced Ah Knee) and sometimes Moosh. Isaac called her "Miss Mooshie".
SB

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
so cool. "Miss Mooshie"

(I wanted to name our dog "roof" and train her to bark when any one asked what her name is. That way if she got lost, she could say her name. That and win bar bets, hehe)

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Hi Bill, my son & family are down for Holiday and since today was gorgeous in East Central IN, we got my two HT/Huffy mb's out and gave 16 month old Lillie her first ride in the InStep. Went fine although my daughter-in-law was concerned abt the exhaust until we secured the rain shield. Your youngins' look all smiles in their cozy craft. So was Lil! Matt & I then took the bikes on a 15 minute ride. That settled it! Even more fun to ride w/ other mb's! My winter build is setting in the spare BR. Sun Atlas and HS/Grubee G4 kit beckon. I assured Tiff that next year there will be no more 2smoke blowing back on OUR baby! These things are a ball. .crt.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
after a lot of anticipation, my bike is on the road :)
same Jag, new power-train (and, I DO mean train)
this deal pulls my 2 grandaughters like they are not even there!!!
after 3+ yrs of feeling the vibrations from a 2moke, I can even hear my cell phone ring !!!
yup...strong like bull, smooth as a baby's bum :)

pics...
sturmey-archerX-fd front drum
disc-mounted sprocket close-up
a few engine shots (I plan on shooting the red cover with flat black vinyl paint)
GAH !.......incredible......wish I could afford a 4 stroke kit.....truly beautiful bike Bill.....

Salty.shft.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
TY,,,all engine parts and upgraded bike parts are getting transfered to a new stretch cruiser the girls got Grampa for x-mas (^)
it will be a few weeks till the new ride is on the road :)

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Looking forward to seeing the bike Bill. I got a new stretch cruiser also and I am going to put the 4 stroke kit on it. It has a huge space in the middle so I can't use any of the posts. I will have to make a motor mount out in the middle, and I need a way to get to the rear wheel missing the frame. Have fun, Dave

Attachments