Klektik

GoldenMotor.com

www.klektik

Jul 22, 2012
TASMANIA AUSTRALIA
HI Everyone.. I have a spartamet bicycle. It was stolen recently and when it was found they had thrown the bike down a cliff and the pedals, bearings and crank are bent and broken and I am looking for a replacement of the main chain sprocket, the pedals and the bearings that go through the frame .. any suggestions would be gratefully received...Jim

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I dont know how much your bicycle cost, but I hope the cost of replacing the damaged components is less than the cost of a brand new bike. that isnt always the case. I had a bike that cost $120, and when the crank needed replaced from an accident, it cost me $40 just for that. for bearings, cranks, chainrings, and pedals, could end up costing you a hundred or two. unless this bike has some sentimental value, you might be better off replacing it. if my bike were dropped off a cliff, i would replace it.

www.klektik

Jul 22, 2012
TASMANIA AUSTRALIA
Its a motorised Spartamet and it has a lot of sentimental value, apart from the fact that the sachs motor is valuable...that is why I am attempting to fix it rather than discard it.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Why not buy a cheap donor bike and strip the cranks off of that and put them onto your damaged bike? Just make sure you get a donor bike with the same style bottom bracket as your old one.

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
Hey Klektik, sorry to hear about your bike. I can understand why you want to rebuild a Sparta they are pretty cool bikes. If I am not mistaken those had the same bottom bracket assembly as a Raleigh and my first guess for old Raleigh parts would be SJS Cycles out of London, two others to consider for parts are TreatsHQ.TV and 1977mopeds.com both of them moped rebuilders/suppliers. Good luck with the rebuild.
Matt