Schwinn OCC motor mount blues

GoldenMotor.com

vtec16

Feb 7, 2012
San Diego
Hello all,
First time poster. Have a series of simple questions on my first chopper build. Here goes.
What motor mount should I use?
The bolt on type or the drill through mount?
I've been reading a thread saying that the bolt on has a tendency to break.
Also would the drill through compromise the strength of the bottom tube and deform it considerably.
I would like to get the motor mounted but which way should I go?
Thanks pino.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I built one for my son. I ordered the "drill through tube" type. I don't like drilling a frame but thought the frame as thick as it is, wouldn't have a factor, which it hasn't. I can't find the mount that I bought (it was cheaper then making one), but has worked out well. The mount was custom made to fit a Chinese HT. If I was to build another chopper I'd do it the same way. This mount has the perfect 75 deg angle.

More photos: http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/Ron-Becker/Tommys Chopper/

A little research from my PayPal brought this up.
Wilderness Construction Inc
3319 E State St
Barberton, OH 44203
United States
[email protected]
$43.95 USD

I see he's manufacturing them again...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-OCC...533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1051a4f5

Last edited:

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey Al, I really like your clutch guide, can you explain that to me in a PM or something?
YRR- that's quite obviously the work of a man who has spent a life working on motorcycles making a custom cable guide. asking him to explain that one MIGHT be like asking Emeril what's in his "secret sauce". that's a perfect solution for the cable bowing that the stock configuration creates. Will I copy it? definitely. would I ask him HOW to copy it. probably not. LOL. but between you and me, that thing is awesome! and Al-PATENT THAT THING AND MAKE SOME $$ SELLING THEM TO IMPATIENT FOOLS LIKE ME!!

.duh.