Micargi Mustang Build Part 2

GoldenMotor.com

IronHorseBikes

Nov 13, 2011
Jacksonville Florida
Stretch Micargi
Honda GXH50, 4G transmission, Double Springer front end purchased from my friend Justin at Pirate Cycles (who was very helpful with a bunch of parts) including the custom made wheels and Sturmey Archer dynamo drum on the front. The custom tig welded tanks are available for sale as of today. I have 2 ready to ship and will post additional pics of the tank later today. They will sell for $250.00 + shipping. Anyway...now that the initial construction is complete, I can tear it down and paint it. I am still adding the chrome, lights, signals, and hopefully the new exhaust design will be completed shortly. I'm thinkin "fishtails".

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think it looks real nice. I can see a lot of attention to detail, and good eye for style. That's always a good combination.

IronHorseBikes

Nov 13, 2011
Jacksonville Florida
Thanks BIKNUT, I've got more than a couple hours in this one and I really do appreciate the compliments.
Question: Have you ever heard of an aftermarket or replacement clutch for the 4G Belt drive transmission? I can get the original one that comes with the kit but I'm looking for an upgrade...any ideas?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Thanks BIKNUT, I've got more than a couple hours in this one and I really do appreciate the compliments.
Question: Have you ever heard of an aftermarket or replacement clutch for the 4G Belt drive transmission? I can get the original one that comes with the kit but I'm looking for an upgrade...any ideas?
I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with 4 stroke MBs. Ask Scotto, or Aleman, they both ride and love the 4 strokes.

IronHorseBikes

Nov 13, 2011
Jacksonville Florida
Thanks again for all the great comments.
killercanuck, to answer your question on what my drive chain is running on. Those are actually two idler sprockets I got from Justin at Pirate Cycles on the inside. They are housed by two surly singlator aluminum discs that I drilled out to fit the idler bolt. With a couple of washers it gives the heavy chain plenty of room to run inside the discs and keeps it from jumping the sprocket at higher speeds. The top one is bolted through a piece of 1/8 steel I welded in place and the one on the right is on a spring loaded arm that acts as a chain tensioner.

Venice Motor Bikes, again..thanks for the compliments on the build.
The forks will come in contact with the tank but not during regular riding. There is plenty enough room to make even sharp turns, not that you would want to on this design of bike. But I did install two clear silicone bumpers on the tank right where the forks would touch to avoid any potential dents or scratches if they should ever impact the tank.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Stretch Micargi
Honda GXH50, 4G transmission, Double Springer front end purchased from my friend Justin at Pirate Cycles (who was very helpful with a bunch of parts) including the custom made wheels and Sturmey Archer dynamo drum on the front. The custom tig welded tanks are available for sale as of today. I have 2 ready to ship and will post additional pics of the tank later today. They will sell for $250.00 + shipping. Anyway...now that the initial construction is complete, I can tear it down and paint it. I am still adding the chrome, lights, signals, and hopefully the new exhaust design will be completed shortly. I'm thinkin "fishtails".
OH H@LL YEAH ! FISHTAILS !
Gary

IronHorseBikes

Nov 13, 2011
Jacksonville Florida
I'm going with a dark gray hammered finish. It will then be sprayed with a silver micro flek and some crystal clear lacquer. That should give the paint some depth and a good shine in the sun. Over the weekend I added a cargo rack and found a very nice lockable steel ammo can that I will be refinishing and attaching to the rack for storage and to conseal batteries etc for the electronics.. I'll post more pics later this week.
Thanks for the compliments on the build, I do appreciate it.
Gary..

IronHorseBikes

Nov 13, 2011
Jacksonville Florida
I'm going with a dark gray hammered finish. It will then be sprayed with a silver micro flek and some crystal clear lacquer. That should give the paint some depth and a good shine in the sun. Over the weekend I added a cargo rack and found a very nice lockable steel ammo can that I will be refinishing and attaching to the rack for storage and to conseal batteries etc for the electronics.. I'll post more pics later this week.
Thanks for the compliments on the build, I do appreciate it.
Gary..

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
rattle can clear or ya mixing the clear your self ? you really want to give that some SPARKLE mix the clear your self an add a very tiny amount of dry sliver powder flake that are just huge to your clear , just enough to get six or ten flake in a square inch , when the light hits it the effect should look like it has diamonds jumping out of the color .
Gary
I think it looks preety hot right now tho .