First Bike Build

GoldenMotor.com

Dwight Pierce

Apr 11, 2012
Warrior, AL
I an going to build a four stroke in a v frame and I'm ready to buy the kit. I like the grubee tbelt drive. Any thing I need to know before I make the final decision and buy the kit. Is the t drive the best. I have to have a centrifugal clutch or torque converter. I tend to like the torque converter best if some one can give me a little guidance.

Thanks,
Dwight

.shft.

Dwight Pierce

Apr 11, 2012
Warrior, AL
Hi Jerry,
I am 228 lbs and plan to use the bike for running to the store and riding to and from work when the weather is nice in Warrior, AL. I am not in very good fit condition. The terrain is moderate rolling hills. I would like to take the bike on some ventures up to 100 Miles round trip. Right now I have a huffy Big Daddy but I am considering getting a bike with shiftable gears so I can install a motor with jack shaft and still use the gearing. I have about 800 to spend on this project. Any input from you would be greatly appreciated. So far I think what i need is four stroke with jackshaft,centifugal clutch and pull start. I have looked at friction drive. Also I have considered 2 stroke but I'm concerned with longevity out of the two stroke and friction drive.