Big Wheel?

GoldenMotor.com

Mark42

Jan 5, 2012
New Jersey
When I was a kid in about 1970 or so, I took a 24" bicycle and put a fork from a 26" bicycle on it. Then extended the 26" fork with about another 10" of fork cut off another bike. (just cut off the fork legs, and hammered it on over the 26" fork legs). Then put a 26" wheel on the front. It was a big front wheel with a long fork, and a smaller rear wheel. My friends thought it was cool and all copied it.

Am thinking of making something similar in a motorized bike, but a bit more sophisticated.

Would take a 26" mountian bike, and fit in a 24" 3" rim with 3 or 4" wide tire, for that fat rear tire look. But those tires are nearly as tall as a regular 26" tire, so to make the front tire look bigger, I thought a 700C rim and tire in the front, along with one of those extended tripple tree forks would look cool. A set of TT style racing handle bars, and a fat cruiser seat, no fenders (or maybe a shortie in the rear) and a small 4 stroke motor should complete the package. Chopper with big skinny front wheel, and small fat rear wheel.

Sound strange or cool?

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
What your proposing works the last 3 or 4 of my bicycles an the first mb are all built that way 20 inch rear 24 up front is the most dramatic , but a 24 rear with a 26 front looks just as sweet .

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I don't get it hope that is flattering... I'm just a guy who has been messing around for years. The young kids make me feel old!n LOL

Regards,
Mark.
He was just pointing out that the 29 inch wheel from a 29er mountain bike might work better than a 700c wheel.