Felt Cruiser Build......not for cruising

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Did I say SLANT? Well finally got to ride it motorized for the first time today.....the maiden voyage!

I can't stop laughing, this bike is incredible! Honestly had a hard time keeping the front end down on take off....or any other time I twist the throttle and I haven't even jetted the carb properly yet. The only prob so far is it ripped the coaster brake arm off after about three stops......no brakes. All thats left to do now is install hydrolic front disc brake, finish up the aluminum in-frame tank and ride, ride, race!

dnut

see you at Grange =)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I can't stop laughing, this bike is incredible! Honestly had a hard time keeping the front end down on take off....or any other time I twist the throttle and I haven't even jetted the carb properly yet. The only prob so far is it ripped the coaster brake arm off after about three stops......no brakes. All thats left to do now is install hydrolic front disc brake, finish up the aluminum in-frame tank and ride, ride, race!

see you at Grange =)
I think this is the scooter brake that MM recommended to Thud.
Great price and works really well.
Front Hydraulic brake kit including handle, master cylinder and caliper with brake pads.

You are making me think about the race hp limits and CVTs......

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I think this is the scooter brake that MM recommended to Thud.
Great price and works really well.
Front Hydraulic brake kit including handle, master cylinder and caliper with brake pads.

You are making me think about the race hp limits and CVTs......
Why.....because of this??

Cost is one thing....the Pirreli Ml75's are less expensive than a Hookworm.
build a bike with 20" wheels if you really wana race.

Its a better tire all the way around. & a huge safty/confidence booster.

As for "whats the differance between a motorcycle & a bicycle?".....putting a motor on a bicycle makes it a moped in 99% of the world. a motorcycle has no pedals. all the rest is semantics. 20" wheels 27"wheels they are all varialbles & there is no such thing as "cheating" at this stage of the game.

I will subordinate to any rules, But I will to run on the pirrellis anyday before a "bicycle" tire in a racing senario where the only thing between me & sliding along the ground is that contact patch of rubber.

Something to gravitate toward in the future is ellimination of the variators in the drive train.....Karting got rid of the CVT's years ago to keep costs down & Karts afforable.
Single speed will level the playing feild dramaticly. (some race tracks even specify gearing in the spec classes to promote "fairness" LOL)

I am hoping to have a shiftable 50cc china-girl there also. May even run it with Bicycle tires LOL! just to keep it fun & to help Bairdco out with apeasing the "Racing gods" with their pound of flesh
.bf.
But a shiftable 50cc china-girl is acceptable???

If my 10hp bike is too much, I'm quickly losing interest in your racing format.

Eliminate ELECTRICS....they're dangerous!!!dance1

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
O Scotto you better behave yourself... lafflafflaff
Next thing ya know........No Hookworms! The name sounds dangerous and they LOOK like motorcycle tires.

Let me see if I can contradict myself......single speed levels the field, but I wanna build a multi-speed china gurl to race. Geez, I'm trying too behave Jeff.....honestly.

Some of the criteria my race bike was built around, as quoted by the promoter:

There are only very simple rules for the 2 stroke Chinese engine
kit class and the 50 cc and under 4 stroke class.
Unlimited engine modifications are allowed and shift kits too.

1) Must have fully functioning pedals.
2) No motorcycle tires. ( This will be defined more )
3) No multi-speed motorcycle type motors.

so yes you can run any kind of fuel that you want for the next race.

magrider and I had a great chat today and one of the agreements we
came to was that we did not want to stifle innovation with restrictive rules.

dnut

Last edited:

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
:-||I have yet to go a MB race event but am sick of people talking fair and not fair. Peddles, bicycle tires, engine type, and displacement is all that should matter. This is not NASCAR where every manufactuor has to run a similar carburated push rod v8, with a 4 speed tranny (even though the cars that they are based on do not even have v8's) to see who can stay the most steady around a circle. This sport was intended for fun, and to show off personal build skills. I love that bike Scotto and I hope you go kick some ass! Although when you do all types of people will cry and then yours and CCC's build will not be allowed to race. "ITS NOT FAIR," said the girls.

MY two cents....BADBOOH

Last edited:

Redbeard1204

Jun 18, 2011
United States
Here here, BADBOOH!

I haven't looked into MB racing, but I've heard about it. I just assumed it was broken down as amateur motorcycle racing is, several classes limiting displacement! I've been watching your build Scotto, start to finish, and I love it. That pipe looks killer, man. Though I bet that an exp. chamber thrown right in the middle there would really open her up! Have FUN with it, that's why we build 'em right? Who cares if it's "fair" or not :p

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks to all for your support! Fixed the broken brake anchor arm and a flat rear tire, then did some more test riding. Drilled out the main jet tonight and will test in the a.m.

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
heY scotto,
1st) this bike is too sweet. (i got a tooth ache drooling on the photo's)Love the faceted tank design, the lines fits perfect with the stealth color scheam.

now about this:
But a shiftable 50cc china-girl is acceptable???
in that senario, not at all.

The rules in touscon were absolutly perfect....show up, have fun. simple simon.

Those out of context quotes were/are purly points of discusion for Neil to consider (since he is totaly bent on creating a class for every Tom, Dick & Harry who builds a motored bike & he feels obligated to create some kind of "fair" world for every player)
Base line rules are the driving force of inovation....(those constraints inspire the creativity)

I digress, there is enough blaber about rules & BS by guys who won't even show up at the track.

I fully expect to get owned by this bike on the race track. My design parameters were to run with the 50cc air cooled morinis...(A built 212cc honda clone is a whole nuther ball game!) I want to see it on the track!
I want to see 10 of them fighting it out on the track. Really I just want to ride it!
hopefully my e-bike will be in condition to let you & a few guys give it a go on the track....i sereriously doubt I will have the china girl in cali for this one.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Todd,
I would love to take a lap or two on your e-marvel, that bike is bad too the bone! As well, you're welcome too take my bike for a ride out on the track, that is what it's being built for, these tracks we race on!

Tucson was great fun, willow was great fun.....let's keep it that way or why bother?

I look forward to seeing you again, I understand your intentions with the china girl build and wish you luck against those Morini's.....you truly stand a chance!

Until Grange, take care!

dnut
heY scotto,
1st) this bike is too sweet. (i got a tooth ache drooling on the photo's)Love the faceted tank design, the lines fits perfect with the stealth color scheam.

now about this:

in that senario, not at all.

The rules in touscon were absolutly perfect....show up, have fun. simple simon.

Those out of context quotes were/are purly points of discusion for Neil to consider (since he is totaly bent on creating a class for every Tom, Dick & Harry who builds a motored bike & he feels obligated to create some kind of "fair" world for every player)
Base line rules are the driving force of inovation....(those constraints inspire the creativity)

I digress, there is enough blaber about rules & BS by guys who won't even show up at the track.

I fully expect to get owned by this bike on the race track. My design parameters were to run with the 50cc air cooled morinis...(A built 212cc honda clone is a whole nuther ball game!) I want to see it on the track!
I want to see 10 of them fighting it out on the track. Really I just want to ride it!
hopefully my e-bike will be in condition to let you & a few guys give it a go on the track....i sereriously doubt I will have the china girl in cali for this one.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Finally got the gas tank underway and a fuel pump installed.....shes running strong.....

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/img0619q.jpg/]
[/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/img0623r.jpg/]
[/URL]

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
That bike went together well, you did a damned good job. But as far a racing goes there does need to be separation of the classes. You want to see complex rules take a look at a NHRA rule book, soooo many classes but they have so many different cars that want to race. We aren't so fortunate to have that many, yet. Just like everything else raced it just takes time to build up a following.

I watched a video on youtube on the building of a 50 cc motor for a mini roadracer. 16 hp and a 6 speed gearbox from a water-cooled motor. Said "7" on the side of the motor. Put one of those on a bike, find a jockey that goes 115 lbs. wet and win races. I have a guy lined up to ride for me if I ever get to where I'm running a racer. I'm a realist and know that someone that weighs half as much as me is going to go faster, a lot faster.

5 simple classes would do for now: Electrics with a dividing point of voltage or motor wattage. Eventually I could see the need for 4 classes of just electrics.

2: gas in 3 classes, stock China Girls, Modded, and open run-what-you-brung class. Having these few in gas would mean my current S5 E Morini and it's mighty 3+ HP would be running with the big dogs but you'd hear no whining from here. It would be a situation of knowing beforehand the limitations of a rule set.

I'd really like to see MB racing take off. it's incredably affordable compaired to even the lower classes of cage racing, 4 tires alone cost over $400 and most tracks sell the tires you use, no way to get a discount.

We do get to the point of a decent set of races over the course of a year I'd try to make as many as I could. Just rent a U-Haul truck for the race weekend to keep costs down on transportation. I see no need to buy, insure and maintain a $30,000 truck and trailer when for under $100 I can get a new U-Haul truck and turn it in when I'm done(yah, I think about this stuff and would really like to see it happen)reddd

jonboy2five

Jul 23, 2008
spring tx horth suburb of houston
i would think under 50cc, under 100cc and open class. maybe also divide 2 and 4 stroke? thats either 3 or 6 classes in gas engines. it REALLY depends on the number of racers. i hace been racing motorcycles (mx and off-road) for 20 years and sometimes there are 800 racers which necessitates many many classes. other times there are 50 racers and few classes are needed. it is MUCH more fun to race 15-30 people than to race with only 3 or 4...

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I guess a lot of you guys don't read the Events, Races and Rallies forum......

Not only is there a race in SoCal this Oct 22nd there are classes already established.

Here are the 5 Motor Race Classes + Unlimited Class.
This is also the race order with eBikes first.

All entries must have functioning pedals.

1) eBike:
generally <9K peak input, 8.1K output almost 11 electric hp
dual motors sum <9K
Turnigy's, Colossus, Astros, others,
<9K input for hubbies C9s, 53XXs, Stoke Monkey, BMC, others

No real motorcycle tires allowed. Bicycle tires only.

2) 4 Stroke:
Robin Subaru 25cc and Honda GX 25 cc
Robin Subaru 35cc and Honda GX 35 cc
Honda 49 cc GXH and Huasheng 49 cc clone Titan 49.4 cc Super Titan 49.4 cc
Any other 4 strokes less than 50 cc

The <35 cc 4 strokes will be a 4 stroke subclass with their own winner.

No limits on motor modifications, Shifter kits are ok,

3) 2 Stroke:
48 cc to 66 cc aka 80 Chinese bicycle motors.

2 groups run because of large number of entries.

No limits on motor modifications, Shifter kits are ok,

4) >50cc Mid Range Class:
Harbor Freight 79 cc Greyhound
Harbor Freight 99 cc Predator
Honda GX 100
Honda GX 160
Whizzer 136cc
Pit Bike Cag 4+ hp 2 stroke
GP 460 47cc 4.5 hp 2 stroke
Briggs & Stratton 5 hp
Morini 5.8 hp 2 stroke

5) Gas Bikes <11 hp:
9 hp Morini
11 hp water cooled Morini
Harbor Freight 6.5 hp or similar

The first 5 to 7 finishers from the above 5 Classes will race
against each other in The Ultimate Race.

UNLIMITED Gas OR eBike Class
Includes any motorized bicycles that are over 12 hp and don't
fit in any the other classes but meet a few basic common
sense rules
like functioning pedals and still resemble bicycles.

Multi speed shiftable motorcycle engines are in this class.
Motorcycle tires are in this class.

Exceptions may be made to the above classes at the race
organizers discretion [That's me] and the list will be updated as needed.

Racer's feedback is welcomed to define these classes more.