Can I mount v-brakes this way?

GoldenMotor.com

Frickard

Feb 27, 2011
La Mirada, CA
So, I bought the v-brake adapters from Dan's Comp and it looks like the rear setup is going to be really tight:

I was wondering if I could mount the brakes inside the triangle of the frame, like so:

Would this work, or is it completely stupid? Any input is appreciated.

Cheers.

Frickard

Feb 27, 2011
La Mirada, CA
Sweet, thanks Aleman. I was looking at my v-brakes yesterday (scored some Avid single digit 7's for cheap) and it looks like I just need to make sure the pads are running the proper direction. Thanks again!

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
There does not appear to be much of a braking surface on the rims shown in the photos. In fact it appears to me that the edge may actually be rounded. Am I Mistaken ? Is there a flat surface for the brake pad to strike on?

ocscully

Frickard

Feb 27, 2011
La Mirada, CA
There does not appear to be much of a braking surface on the rims shown in the photos. In fact it appears to me that the edge may actually be rounded. Am I Mistaken ? Is there a flat surface for the brake pad to strike on?
Those are the old wheels :) The new ones have plenty of braking surface.

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
I am looking to swap out my caliper brakes also. I have a bike shop that has front forks for the V brake I can get one for under 100 bucks but I cant find the rear adapter. Can I ask where you got yours from?

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
Frickard, what size is the bike you installed it on. I want to use a 26" wheel bike and would like to get one for my bike

Frickard

Feb 27, 2011
La Mirada, CA
Frickard, what size is the bike you installed it on. I want to use a 26" wheel bike and would like to get one for my bike
Hey James,

I used the adapters from Dan's Comp on 26" wheels, so they should work just fine for you. Good luck!

P.S. If the adapters are no longer available, I've got a couple I'd be willing to sell. Let me know.