what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I put some reflectors on my bike. I don't get to ride in daylight much this time of year and I worry about my lights failing during a ride.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Killer! Man, sorry to hear that! How bad a break?

Just sucks Buddy. Feel better soonest

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

whats the weather like killer

and welcome back home did you really brake your wrist
Oh yea, snapped it good, its swollen like a mofo. If it doesnt swell down by next Friday I'll have to get a cast put on. But if its a clean break I'll tough it out and save having to get a damn cast... It's only pain!
We finally got 5" of snow today, figures, I go for a ride and wipe out on black ice then today it snows... :/

edit-Thanks Dannyman

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Tightened up muffler again. Keeps needing to be threaded deeper on the hose spigot. Ya think they would have a warning. "For garden hose use. May need to be tightened repeatedly if used as a muffler on small engines or motorized bicycles"
cracked my self up. Might write em and complain just to see the response. "Dear Sir, our Garden Hose Spigot item #1437-t47A was not intended to be used in such fashion and is not designed for such use as a muffler. Please go *^(^$ your self.
Thanks for choosing ACME Garden equipment"

Finally did some work on rear fender and changed the oil. Or as my Father from the Bronx called it, "der earl"

Dec 12, 2010
CHICAGO

working on mounting my albion 2 speed transmission on my whizzer motorbike.. win i get it lined up ..it will be a cool ride check it out

thanks mikeybike

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Lol Dan, -intercepted interpersonal email communication- "them dam mb'rs thinkin they can use our parts on that chinese junk...!!" :D

Sounds cool Mikeyman, keep us posted!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

or they'll start charging 100 bucks for brass hose caps once they find out we use them as gas caps...:)

today i rode as fast as i could for a few hours, since my hangover was chasing me. there was no way i was gonna sit in the house and hang out with it (the hangover) since it was in the upper 80's today. the only ice i saw was in my soda.

sorry guys...

after i sweated it out, i came home and built an intake for my new Mikuni.

post and pics here: http://motorbicycling.com/f38/one-more-40s-colson-add-fleet-21037-6.html#post241121

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

well today i took my new peddal bike out for a spin and i honestly forgot how much work it was to peddal around i am exausted i cant wait to get a motor on it i still need a name though im thinking something with wild in it like wildrider or wild green since its green or i dont know i dont really have that kind of imagination maybe money pit or suicide ride

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

Killer,sorry to hear about your fall. Good area for black ice. Did you get it checked by the doctor incase it comes back to bite you?

Just dusted mine. Any more rain and I'll be paddling the sidecar.

Steve.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Oh yea, snapped it good, its swollen like a mofo. If it doesnt swell down by next Friday I'll have to get a cast put on. But if its a clean break I'll tough it out and save having to get a damn cast... It's only pain!
We finally got 5" of snow today, figures, I go for a ride and wipe out on black ice then today it snows... :/

edit-Thanks Dannyman
I don't know how young you are? But I beg you let those bones a chance to heal!!! They will haunt you in your old age..

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Wiped out on some ice going around a curve last night, landed hard, but only broke my left wrist and messed up my knee... luckily the bike was okay :) I took the brunt of the impact.

Glad to hear you're gettin' back into it Al, take'r easy man!
Thnx. You take it easy too man. Kick back, heal up, and it'll be almost like it never happened. Ya know, speakin' of which: I find I can finally walk short distances without even a cane. That's the kind of progress I've been waiting a while to see.

At the very least, you should consider a good splint for the wrist. Some drug stores have them. It could do a world of good.

How bad is the knee?

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Thanks guys! I'm only 33, and have a tensor bandage on the wrist. the knee's only gouged a bit, (road rash) but it still bends with force(and a little screaming). Wrist is mighty swollen, but that should go down within a week. If it doesn't I'll get an X-ray.

Lol Goat my Dad said the same thing to me, "If that don't heal right it'll haunt you."

Yowzor, My typing speed has dropped from 50 to 10... dang ice!

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009

i broke my arm skateboarding 4 years ago. fell over when a little kid cut me off. i self-medicated it with booze and ice, hoping it was only a sprained wrist. after a week, it was still purple, only now it was turning black, red and yellow, so i decided i should go to the doctor.

he thought it must not be broken if i lived with it for a week, so he wasn't very gentle when he was poking at it and twisting it.

after x rays, they found out the Radius was snapped near the wrist, and if it was any worse they'd have to operate and pin it together.

ended up with a waterproof cast, and the summer off of work (can't climb towers with one arm.)

the doc thought i was a maniac, when i said it didn't hurt that bad.

healed up fine, though, no arthritis or nothin...

if i were you, i'd get it checked out.

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL

Carried it from the garage down to the basement. Wore gloves so it wouldn't stick to my hands. Well, it's not actually THAT cold, but it is now getting below freezing in the garage, temps outside might get below zero F tonight/tomorrow night.

Carrying it down those basement stairs might make the weather warm up a bit. If I tear the bike apart, the weather outside will probably hit 60 degrees.

I will be taking it apart for some wintertime maintenence & sprucing up soon.

PS. Sorry to hear about you fellow MBers gettin' hurt. Guess I shouldn't complain that it's "too cold" to ride.

Last edited:

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

i ran out of gas on thwe way home from work and had to pedal home that sucked and when i finally got home i was so bummed i didnt get to cruise around i fueled up and hit the road about ten miles from home very cold i decided it was time to go home

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA

Changed out the 44 tooth sprocket to a 41, took out a link from my chain and together with the smaller sprocket I was able to lose the tensioner for now. Changed out the CDI box in hopes that MB will no crank.

Jax2A

Nov 5, 2010
The LC, Ohio

Went out to the barn to work on my springer fork, cut one piece of steel and the steel was so cold it felt like it was burning my hands. Stupid single digit temperatures. So I switched to working on laying out the lines on my wood buck I'm planning to use to form my tank... Couldn't draw a decent line with my near frozen fingers so I called it and went back in side. Took the wood buck with me to try again in the warmth. After a couple of designs I realized I wouldn't be able to shape it while the screws I'm using to hold it together were in it (It's made out of three pieces of 2x6). So I took it apart and glued it together.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009

almost finished my latest bike. need a spark plug boot and crimp, longer studs for the harley/aermacchi head and solder some mounts onto the tank. then i can see if the monster starts...

pics as soon as it's done.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

It's colder than a bill collector's heart outside, so I spent the evening pricing parts online for the Higgins build.