behind the seat gas tank?

GoldenMotor.com

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I have seen a few pics of people with round (can style) fuel tanks mounted behind the seat and I am wondering if anyone sells them? I just picked up a Cranbrook and think it would look really nice with one. I've also seen a post on how someone made one but I cant seem to find it now.

myjeepcherokee

Dec 24, 2009
Missouri
While mine isn't quite round its close... made mine out of an old small engine gas tank I picked up. Had to make the brackets to hold it to the frame....picture makes it look a little big, but it fits nicely....an on the plus side, it was cheap!

Last edited:

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
That tank kit looks really cool. I dont like the price though. I think I will take a ride to the local scrap yards and find one for next to free already welded up. Thanks for the link though. I wonder what kind of stuff I might find? Even just the right gauge metal sheet welded together to make the round body of the tank and some flat caps for the ends will do nicely at a couple bucks. Now where to buy the time to do it!?!?!? I see making the round body as the difficult part. Hmm wooden jigs might work nicely to get it tacked............

Bent Spoke

Nov 30, 2009
Surrey BC
I hit up the scrapyards, thinking coolant tanks, expansions etc might work, still nothing I like, I've got a weedeater tank back there now, but the capacity is small and having a heck of a time getting it to flow even though it's higher than the carb. the line come off the top of the tank......oh well more brainstorming to be had.

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
have you guys thought about a pvc tank? I am building one right now. I have a thread about it. It is titled "PVC gas tank questions". It is similar to the apple juice tank but you don't have to know how to solder.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
While mine isn't quite round its close... made mine out of an old small engine gas tank I picked up. Had to make the brackets to hold it to the frame....picture makes it look a little big, but it fits nicely....an on the plus side, it was cheap!

That tank looks very nice! and looks to have a good capacity too. I've looked on ebay and found one similar but by the time got to bid on it it was gone! Very nice job on it though I like it alot. Would like to see a pic with your ride all put together- nice looking bike man!