Predator 79cc on forward 25 degree angle questions on oil and carb.

GoldenMotor.com

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
My build is a 79cc Predator mounted on an incline of 25 degrees forward. I know people mount them totally 90 degrees but also modify oil levels and low level switches. MyQuestion: Will my 25 degree incline require mods? Will I need to add more oil? Will I be good? What shall I keep in mind? Im looking for feed back from all you incline engine bicyclers. Cheers. Happy Sunday. Thingswithwelding.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Supposedly the oil level will work just fine tilted as much as vertically. For the low oil shutoff, you will probably want to unplug it or cut the wire. The engine will possibly shut off while riding.

Yes your carburetor will need to get mounted vertically again. And no, you shouldn't use the stock carb. Those aren't too good for throttling. I prefer slide carbs on small 4 strokes.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The 79cc does not have low_oil_ sendsor.
Are you inclining from original orientation or from the vertical cylinder forward.
As for me I went past very cylinder and have not had a problem so from anything between that and original orientation you should not have a problem.
As long as something is hitting the the oil to splash it you are OK.
If this did not answer your inquiry let me know.

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
The 79cc does not have low_oil_ sendsor.
Are you inclining from original orientation or from the vertical cylinder forward.
As for me I went past very cylinder and have not had a problem so from anything between that and original orientation you should not have a problem.
As long as something is hitting the the oil to splash it you are OK.
If this did not answer your inquiry let me know.
First thanks for the answers guys. I totally lost this thread as it went into the pages on the forum and I didnt see it. Yea, I guess normal levels should be fine. I understand how that crank spoon will sweep oil up no matter what. Except if the spoon scoop isnt centered inside the case. Probably shouldnt be a big deal in my case either

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Supposedly the oil level will work just fine tilted as much as vertically. For the low oil shutoff, you will probably want to unplug it or cut the wire. The engine will possibly shut off while riding.

Yes your carburetor will need to get mounted vertically again. And no, you shouldn't use the stock carb. Those aren't too good for throttling. I prefer slide carbs on small 4 strokes.
Thanks Agreen