New to these forums

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome,
How's the weather in Gainsville today? You'll find quite a few members here from the Sunshine State; my old stompin' grounds, but a few miles south of you. Lived in Miami all my life until 79. Preferred the west coast though. Send us some pix of your ride. We like to see what everyone else is building. Enjoy.
Tom

Last edited:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Welcome to the site! From a former swamp rat. Born in Ft. Lauderdale and "raised" at the edge the Everglades. (I actually never have grown up) Now a denizen of the desert.
This is the friendliest site for MBs. Lots of experts to help you out and BS with. :D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Say hello to Big Daddy for us.
Bender,
Have you ever been to Garlit's Museum? My folks, when they were alive, used to live about 2 miles from Big Daddy's place in Ocala. Whenever I was there for a visit I'd go through to see anything new. There is some drag racing history there. Things I used to see run when I was a pre teen even (and that was a while back). Tommy Ivo's twin Buick car, the old Super Sport coupe, The Chizzler, all the old greats of the 1/4 mile.
Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
2dr; I visited Big Daddy's museum in the early 90's. I still have my time slip from
the drag racing simulator in a photo album.

Because BD was always innovating, I mainly remember the various versions of the swamp rat. My wife was with me or I would have stayed all day until they ran me off.

I always thought he would figure a way to make the sidewinder dragster work (the one with the sideways engine in back). Maybe he will. Cheers

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
2dr; I visited Big Daddy's museum in the early 90's. I still have my time slip from
the drag racing simulator in a photo album.

Because BD was always innovating, I mainly remember the various versions of the swamp rat. My wife was with me or I would have stayed all day until they ran me off.

I always thought he would figure a way to make the sidewinder dragster work (the one with the sideways engine in back). Maybe he will. Cheers
Bender,
Maybe Garlits could get Jim, Creative Engineering, to build him a clutch actuator; just a bigger version for that sidewinder. :)

oldcliff

Feb 9, 2009
Wilmington Ohio
Welcome to the forum Motorgator. Sounds like there is a lot of racing activity in your neck of the woods. Datona is coming up soon with some great motorcycle racing. Wish I was there.

Have fun on the forum.

Oldcliff