New Member: Jake from SETX

GoldenMotor.com

FordRanchero289

Sep 7, 2014
Groves, Texas
Hi, I'm Jake. I live in southeast Texas and have a wildfire 66/80cc kit on a 24" Huffy Good Vibrations (lol it vibrates alot) cruiser. I wanted to introduce myself and see what y'all think about my projects. My Huffy does just at 31 mph with a 32 tooth sprocket and stihl leafblower muffler because my original curved pipe exhaust was stolen. I used to have the Wildfire 80cc on the wildfire but As soon as I could get tools in my hands, the motor and controls was off and onto another bike. It did about 33-35mph when I put it on my dads bike (26" Elite Convertible 6) but he technically owned it cuz it was on his bike and so he decided when I can and can't ride it. My huffy was broken and in a shack that, after 2 years on the Elite, I took it off and put it on my bike. Now it's all mine and just about to get a springer front end and repaint the 1 gal gas tank from purple metallic to black to match. I still have the huge Wildfire and I'm looking into getting the GT5 Pro Racing motor and kit for it. Is this a more powerful motor or is it just bologna and the same as a grubee or flying horse 66/80cc? Any one else near Groves, Texas?? Thank You!

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

Noticed your screen name.......my ex mom-in-law still has a '72 Ranchero with a 428 Super Cobra Jet (12:1 pistons), ram air, and hood tach. I was the last one to drive this beast over 20 years ago. It's still in her barn.

FordRanchero289

Sep 7, 2014
Groves, Texas
Dang. I have a 64 ranchero that originally had a 170 inline 6 but now has a 289 V8. I'm FordRanchero289 on everything. Whited00r.com, xbox live, even on facebook I have a page.

wetbikepro

Sep 13, 2014
bend
hey there im nate. i'm building a bike and am considering a jackshaft kit are there any upgrades to the kit to make it a solid investment?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. My dad drove a 62 Falcon for a while, but it was not a Ranchero. I'd like to find a nice 60-63 Falcon to tinker with. Less costly than an early Mustang, and you normally find them in better condition.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
Ford Ranchero. I live in Orange near mauriceville. I have three bikes built now. Check out southeasttexas.com I have them listed for sale under motorcycles in their classified adds right now. They are listed under motor cycles under $999.00 in motor cycles because they did not sale under bicycles. If you want to see them or need parts that I may have left over you can contact me on here and I can private message my phone number if you can't find it in the southeasttexas.com adds. rackemblue

FordRanchero289

Sep 7, 2014
Groves, Texas
Alright, Rackemblue, I'll go check it out tomorrow during my lunch break. I go on southeasttexas all the time. I use to live in orangefield Texas. And then to bridge city. But now I live in groves. I'm a senior at PN-G

Last edited:

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
OK go to motorcycles for sale and then click on prices then click 0-999 $ there will be about four motorcycles the my bikes one is a cruiser one mountain bike and one cruiser bike with a friction drive that drives the rear wheel the picture of the friction drive did not come out but the other two did. I have some parts that I did not use either includeing an exaust pipe ,turn signals brake lights,horn,tensioner assymbly and other parts.