Just set up a new lower engine, and now the rear wheel locks when clutch is engaged

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: Just set up a new lower engine, and now the rear wheel locks when clutch is engag

Seems like you are trying to make a pk-80 piston work in a grube style engine.

I agree with Neil and also suggest that you put original piston back in your engine along with a new head and head gasket, torque it all down properly and you should hopefully be in good shape if needle bearing on either end of connecting rod have not been damaged.

Best wishes...

Map

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Re: Just set up a new lower engine, and now the rear wheel locks when clutch is engag

After reading the op again the original piston was run on another engine, since you have a Thatdax lower I would order a piston from him and use the cylinder you have, order a set of rings just in case you break one removing them.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

After reading the op again the original piston was run on another engine, since you have a Thatdax lower I would order a piston from him and use the cylinder you have, order a set of rings just in case you break one removing them.
The piston with the triangle mark on the intake side is the right one for a "Dax" bottom end.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia

Yea I know but if all else is new I myself would buy a new piston. That's what I meant.