New Bike Build

GoldenMotor.com

Gravity

Apr 20, 2014
USA
Yep its all about what someone wants and what works for them for sure, as far as regulation like you spoke of we dont have to worry about any of the kind of stuff in Texas, Im happy to live in an American state that prides its self on a low amount of government regulation on things like this.

My bigges concern with dual levers is braking while cornering, just a slight amount of brake pressure on the front wheel while tire is on dirt or on a little gravel or water on pavement and the chances of the front of the bike sliding out from under is way higher then it is if only rear braking is used while cornering, I do use both front and rear when stopping when going straight and on pavement, having a front break adds a huge amount of stopping power, on my motorcycles I use the front brake a lot more than the rear many times because it's so affective in slowing you down quicker with just a little pressure on the rear brake.

Map
.wee.
Im with you on this one.. Having control of each brake is way safer in my opinion then applying both at the same time. Also isn't it something like you should be applying 70% front and 30% back while stopping on a motorcycle or motor bike... The front alone stops me very well right now but I would like to get a back one put on incase I do have to slow down while turning.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Im with you on this one.. Having control of each brake is way safer in my opinion then applying both at the same time. Also isn't it something like you should be applying 70% front and 30% back while stopping on a motorcycle or motor bike... The front alone stops me very well right now but I would like to get a back one put on incase I do have to slow down while turning.
Yep if you're going around a corner and need to stop real quick and you get on the front brake a little to hard that front tire is gonna slide right out from under you and you'll go down.... ask ke how I know.....lol!

Map
.wee.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I set up the duals so that the braking is split about 60/40 front/back.. it works for me, I advise others to do what they're comfortable with. When I tried with three levers at the beginning I had trouble with the clutch and brake levers overlapping and arguing for space so I went to duals. As I said, to each thier own, whatever makes you happy is the right way for you. :)

As for how they're set up, when I pull the lever (standing still) if I try to push the bike forward, the wheel is locked and the bike lifts.. at the same point if I pull the bike backward, the back wheel just barely turns (rather than mimicing a wheelie).

I treat curves and turns the way I was taught to with regards to racing, light or gentle brake going into the first 1/3rd of the turn, coast in the middle third, accelerate out in the last 3rd of the turn.