cruisin' in Cave Creek, AZ

GoldenMotor.com

elvero

Nov 29, 2008
cave creek, az
i just joined the group after looking for bike motors online. i have two stretched cruisers that need an engine but have no idea what to buy. one is a Phat Bike and the other is a Kustom Kruiser Roadster and they need durable motors with some giddyup. can anyone point me in the right direction?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum, from across town.
A stretch cruiser may require you to buy an engine mounting plate if you aren't a welder for a frame mount engine.
Read a lot of the installation, mounting and troubleshooting forums to learn from our mistakes and experiences. Its much cheaper. LOL

elvero

Nov 29, 2008
cave creek, az
thanx wheelbender6! what kind of frame do you have a motor on? does a weld look better than the kit engine mount? i don't want to modify this bike like that. do you prefer 2 stroke or 4? what part of town do you live in?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Elvero; I have a 48cc (AZ street legal) 2 stroke Chinese engine mounted on a chromo steel mountain bike frame. It has no cool factor, but it is great for errands and commuting.
Engine mounting plates look fine and are available on EBay. (Check out the stretchers and choppers in the photo gallery)

Two stroke engines are cheap (about half the price of a 4 stroke) and look like a motorcycle engine.

4 stroke engines don't require mixing of gas and oil and are generally quieter.

Electric motors are quiet and green, cost about the same as a 4 stroke, are very heavy (batteries) and usually have less range than petro bikes.

I just moved to south Gilbert this weekend. There are 5-10 riders on this site from AZ. Tucson riders are very active and post group rides often.

If I were you, I would start by viewing the photo gallery (all of it!) to figure out what you would like to do. Then visit the engine mounting and engine troubleshooting forums to figure out how to do it. LOL