how do you clean a lower end

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
You can use a pen magnet and see if there are any steel parts in there, then use some diesel to wash it out. Mixed fuel can be used but be careful as it's more flammable.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I would take mine apart and clean it out only way to be 100% sure for me IMHO . However I have always gave some personal thought to going plumb crazy with a power washer, spraying inside the crank case cavity real through like. Rust will be a big immediate problem very shortly after. So figured mebbe fill the whole darn crank case with kerosine ''oil based'' and let that soak for a few?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Would have to make darn sure ''everything'' got oiled. Every square inch up to the tips of the connecting rod. Be like doing a fumigation lol. This ol Chinese iron rust to easy!

waterdamage

Mar 20, 2009
IL & FL
Well I had a **** load of kerosene, and I hope it's clean! It was red going in and red coming out!!! I will let you guys know Thursday!!!!!!!

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Goat herder is right. Take it apart, and visually see what's wrong. I'd use Kerosene to clean up things in there. But, for sure open it up and see what's in there.

waterdamage

Mar 20, 2009
IL & FL
Well I took it apart and I found a seal that was put in wrong, from the factory. It was the one behind the magnetic. Now would that suck air and burn the piston up?

waterdamage

Mar 20, 2009
IL & FL
That's what l thought. I took pix's of it but you can't see it. But the piece is going on the wall of s!hame!!! I have a new kit coming in the morning. Wish me well!!!