Bicycle Hoist,suggestions??

GoldenMotor.com

chatreed

Apr 2, 2011
NY
Hi, fellas. What ya think about this bicycle hoist? In badly need of a nice bicycle hoist. Will I be disappointed? Am I on the right track? Any other good options?

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
I would think you would be over the weight limit on this if your bike has a motor on it. Most mb's have a hard time coming in below the 55 lbs mark

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
You can find everything one needs to build your own heavyduty hoist at an ace or truevalue hardware store.
Maddog johnney has that exact hoist ,and while it's held the weight ,it sure shows the strain. First he had it under the seat as shown in there add. You can guess how that went. Then went to the rack ,didnt hang right , and in the end had to mod to frame .
Cost him a seat and the new hooks but did work in the end.
If it ever stops raining in chicago ,get with spring already, I'll ride over there and get a pic of his mod for you.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hi, fellas. What ya think about this bicycle hoist? In badly need of a nice bicycle hoist. Will I be disappointed? Am I on the right track? Any other good options?
I have one of those but it's used for my wife's pedal bike. Just looking at the construction and the 1/4" nylon rope that comes with it, I'd never try to hang one of my motorized bicycles on it. Good idea for lightweight bikes though.
Tom