Handlebars

GoldenMotor.com

MoonKS

Apr 4, 2008
Kansas
Hi all. I am looking for handlebars in a particular style - I have a few photos below. I scoured eBay, Google - just about everywhere I could think of. I even stopped in a few motorcycle stores that deal with vintage and new parts....nada. One guy said, "Just buy beach cruiser bicycle handlebars" - but they aren't quite the same...different angles altogether.

Anyone have any good sources for something like this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Matthew

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Your best bet would be to have someone bend them for you then chrome them. I'm not sure what size the pipes are either, but once you know a good muffler shop can maybe bend them up and then you can have them chromed.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
APEHANGER KRATE CHOPPER STINGRAY BICYCLE HANDLEBARS
GREAT BARS FOR ANY STINGRAY OR RALEIGH CHOPPER BIKE Item number: 350044232321
nearest I have ever found to that style is the item above but not these that are being sold. This seller has a set of double bend ape hangers which are the second from the right that I think that you cut off the final bend it would be close to what your looking for. THe only problem with them is that the center is only 7/8s compared to 1 inch normally. I bought the middle set from him and they are just wider than what I was looking for.
Hope it helps TERRY

Attachments

Last edited:

saulgood

Dec 15, 2008
northern california
The bars in the picture look like they could be reproduced by sliding larger i.d. extensions on to some fairly common cruiser bars, then welding and chroming (you might need to do a little bending inward to keep them more parallel). To fit standard throttle and clutch controls though, butt welding similar o.d. extensions would be better.
BTW, I know this post is a year late, but I'm in the market for the same type of bars and I was hoping I wouldn't have to go through that much trouble. Did you ever find what you were looking for?
saul