Head gasket fit on the China 2 stroker

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Have you weasels ever noticed the head gasket on the 6Xcc Chinese chicken (zhong guo ji) engines doesn't fit perfectly on the studs? Is it just the bolt pattern on my engine or the gasket itself or are the new studs bent…..no actually I think the tapped holes in the block are not perfectly straight!!

As noted my aluminum gasket does not just drop on my studs, in fact it's a major PITA to get it on and off. I SHOULD have just shaved the holes just a hair larger….but it was all wet with aluminum paint so I got it on…..and then at the cylinder surface it fit well……poo poo.

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
hi paul, im putting my motor together today ( i hope) what thickness did you use for head gasket and what material and how did you make bolt holes? since you lapped i assumed no gasket. thanks mitch

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
hi, thanks. i went to a tool rental, it has a mechanic. i showed him my gaskets, he said to reuse and if i ruin intake gasket to use manila envelope, the ex. gasket-buy gasket material at car parts, head gasket out of sheet aluminum or copper, base gasket out of cardboard. mitch

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I use real gasket material with Blue RTV for my intake.
I use Mr. Gasket HD stuff for exhaust
For base I can use real gasket material. (w/RTV)

Now for the head....where are you getting the aluminum?