major clutch problem

GoldenMotor.com

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
Right out of the box...boygofast so called 50cc steel lined cyclinder and slant head.
For starters the clutch pads were covered with grease and oil. Cleaned that mess up.
Tighten the clutch pads down with the flower nut but the two gears turn a couple of times
and then act as clutch slipping. The clutch pads are not wore, but it seems to be the plate behind
it does not get enough contact. Is thier away of fixing this clutch problem. No more motors for me
from boygofast...very disappointed with workmanship from his supplier.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Did you clean the plate behind the plate that the clutch pads sit in?
There is 3 plates that make up the clutch the outer plate the middle plate that the pads fit in then the plate behind that is hard to see even with all the pads removed.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Why you have to have the lever pulled in when adj. the flower nut....I just tighten it down and it works fine....I don`t git it....
Thanks,
Paul....
answer:
takes the pressure off of the nut so you can then turn it with your fingers.
Norman

Last edited by a moderator:

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I got the clutch working properly. The problem was very hard to spot. There was a chewed
up and mangled small washer imbeded inbetween the teeth of the small sprocket. Ended up
digging it out to pry it loose. How it got there , I do not know but I still will not buy another
kit from boygofast. Thanks for the replys on help.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I got the clutch working properly. The problem was very hard to spot. There was a chewed
up and mangled small washer imbeded inbetween the teeth of the small sprocket. Ended up
digging it out to pry it loose. How it got there , I do not know but I still will not buy another
kit from boygofast. Thanks for the replys on help.
Good to hear ya got your motor going :) I wouldn't order from boy go fast either.I've had a couple of problems with defective parts from him before,emailed him and then he blocked me from his so called services.