Pirate Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
probably.

i say "probably," because sometimes you'll get a KT (Kun Teng) hub instead. i dunno those measurements. they're made cheaper than the Shimanos, but KT's been around forever, so it's not a bad hub.

also, it's actually a CB E110. same difference.

i just got a set of the steel wheels from bikeparts usa. i like the way Wheelmaster says "handbuilt in the USA." when all the parts are from china. i was kinda disapointed in the quality of them. lousy chrome, cheap rim...

but it's the best i can find for the price.
Agreed. Poor quality chrome for sure, but still a good deal for the money. Thanks for the confirmation of hub type.
SB

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
probably.

i say "probably," because sometimes you'll get a KT (Kun Teng) hub instead. i dunno those measurements. they're made cheaper than the Shimanos, but KT's been around forever, so it's not a bad hub.

also, it's actually a CB E110. same difference.

i just got a set of the steel wheels from bikeparts usa. i like the way Wheelmaster says "handbuilt in the USA." when all the parts are from china. i was kinda disapointed in the quality of them. lousy chrome, cheap rim...

but it's the best i can find for the price.[/QUOTE
How much did you pay, if you don't mind? I am thinking of selling wheels with the adapters and sprocket on them. Brake arm pre -bent.
Micargi's wheels.
Justin

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Wheel Master 26x2.125, Rear, B/O, C/B, H/D, Chrome Steel Wheel | BikepartsUSA

they're $40.46 at bikepartsusa.com.

BikeWorldUSA | Bicycle Wheels - | BikeWorldUSA | Bicycle Parts and Bike Accessories

35.99 at bikeworldusa.com

i've found shipping to be cheaper at bikepartsusa. i got 2 wheels, innertubes, handlebars, and a bunch of other parts, and shipping was 18 bucks to california.

bikeworld was 30 for shipping.

niagara cycles has great deals, but their shipping is outrageous. i wanted to order 200 bucks worth of parts, and the shipping was 140. they're crazy.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
thanks Justin for helping me build theese motors. you are def the man.cant wait to see how theese new motors go btw the Starfire gen2a have the 40 mm mount for sure my friend runs em

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
jim I was wondering if you can make me some spacer plates? the shape of a pk base gasket will give you exact thickness in mm. btw I heard the king goes up the biggest hill in clearwater no sweat yessssa jim you need to build one of theese frankenmotors it is fast!!!

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
jim I was wondering if you can make me some spacer plates? the shape of a pk base gasket will give you exact thickness in mm. btw I heard the king goes up the biggest hill in clearwater no sweat yessssa jim you need to build one of theese frankenmotors it is fast!!!
Yes...I took the "basic, reliable", motorbike to Clearwater beach with a Pirate cycles engine installed. I rode around for 1/2 hour, and then went for the Clearwater pass bridge...It is steep. I stopped at the botom...the bike accelerated to the top! 235lb rider on a 26" beach cruiser.

Jim

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
Just got my sprocket adapter from Pirate, damn nice quality and very easy to put on. Great safety product, avoid the spoke clamp everyone needs to buy one..spr.

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Glad to here that Pirate Cycles sells your adapters Jim.Manic Mechanic and Pirate Cycles are top notch American companies,Its ashame to see alot of American small business shutting down shop.I plead to all Motorbicyling Members to support Jim and the other motorized bicycle dealers/shops supported by Motorbicycling.com.I really dont wont to have to start buying ALL MY PARTS from China,dont they get enough of our money!!!!!(Just another rant by Randy)

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Just got my sprocket adapter from Pirate, damn nice quality and very easy to put on. Great safety product, avoid the spoke clamp everyone needs to buy one..spr.
good for you man.. like i say all of jims products are top notch.. Hey jim justin needs more intakes lol I bought them all and we need more... CREATIVE AND PIRATES ARE #1

tomahawk

Apr 23, 2010
Georgia
I dunno why anyone who would buy from Piratecycle i placed an order Sept. 3rd got my money but havent even got so much as a ship date. Whatever happened to customer care?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Tomahawk.
Think about it. You placed your order on Friday just as the labor day weekend was beginning. Nothing was going to happen until Tuesday when there was already a backlog of business to take care of from the week before. You take your turn. It's a busy place due to all of the return customers who keep giving Justin their business precisely because of customer care... which involves phone calls, answering questions, in short..."caring". A little patience goes a long way. You want to receive consideration, but you also need to give it. My experience with Pirate has been A+.
SB

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Tomahawk.
Think about it. You placed your order on Friday just as the labor day weekend was beginning. Nothing was going to happen until Tuesday when there was already a backlog of business to take care of from the week before. You take your turn. It's a busy place due to all of the return customers who keep giving Justin their business precisely because of customer care... which involves phone calls, answering questions, in short..."caring". A little patience goes a long way. You want to receive consideration, but you also need to give it. My experience with Pirate has been A+.
SB
You said it all Silverbear. Pirate has always been great to me.
Jay

tomahawk

Apr 23, 2010
Georgia
You ever tried telling your customers to be patient? Watch em leave to go to another place pal. I placed an order with Kingsmotorbikes and got it in 3 days not any special delivery either. And as far as being busy...pffft whats wrong with you people....HIRE for Gods sake. Thats partly wrong with the USA today. Too many movers and not enough shakers.

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
I dunno why anyone who would buy from Piratecycle i placed an order Sept. 3rd got my money but havent even got so much as a ship date. Whatever happened to customer care?
There has been a death in our family.. Your wheel and accessories will be there tomorrow.

I tried to call you a few times but there was no answer. Sorry.

Your wheel order and only your wheel order got kept back. All other orders shipped priority USPS on Sat whether it was paid for or not. Your box was our only Fed ex Delivery and Fed Ex is across the city from us. I could not make it.

Your Box was to large for the post office to ship or I would have.

Today I next day aired your wheel as I planned to do since the beginning. Shipping was 2 times the cost of your entire purchase but thats never my concern. Keeping the customers happy is. Its a ongoing tough Job.

Your wheel will be there by 3:00 PM tomorrow. As if it was delivered ground by fed ex. We do our absolute best to prevent things like this from happening but sometimes they just can't be prevented. This is one of those times.

Truly Sorry
Justin

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Whatever happened to customer care?
Whatever happened to customer's that care.....about people other than themselves? I am sorry, I was just curious.

Sorry to hear of your loss as well Justin....I wish you well, scotto-

tomahawk

Apr 23, 2010
Georgia
Sorry for your loss Justin. And my apologies for going off. I guess maybe i panicked when i did not hear anything on my order and i got people breathing down my neck for parts and all. Maybe i should open my own supply shop i dunno. Anyways i thank you and others for being here to advise and help others have fun biking.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Justin has always been so cool to me. Always answered all my questions. and the fastest shipping I have ever seen.

By the way Justin I recieved my sprocket adapter for the 11g worksman wheel. fits like a glove once you get it past the thick spokes. I made sure to locktight all the bolts.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Keep doin what your doin man cuz your doin it right