My new bike xd

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Pretty bike. Congratulations. We hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Not criticizing just offering some suggestions: Remove the small spring on the clutch cable between the clutch arm and the cable guide. It serves no purpose but does make the clutch lever harder to pull.

I enhanced and sharpened your photo in PhotoShop and it appears that the chain master link clip is installed backwards. You want the open end of the clip facing the rear of the bike when it is on the top chain run. Facing forward it can be knocked off inside the clutch actuator/sprocket cover.

Keep a close watch on your fenders. There is a lot of good discussion about fenders, their hazards and ways to reinforce them here. Type in 'fenders' in the search box.

Have fun and ride safe.

tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Cool, clean build. Is that a lock wrapped around your handlebars? Would will need to keep that red bike locked up real good.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've noticed a tendency for these frames to crack where the rear rack is welded on. Be aware and keep an eye on it!

Shaggz

Aug 28, 2014
Kerrville, Texas
Pretty bike. Congratulations. We hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Not criticizing just offering some suggestions: Remove the small spring on the clutch cable between the clutch arm and the cable guide. It serves no purpose but does make the clutch lever harder to pull.

I enhanced and sharpened your photo in PhotoShop and it appears that the chain master link clip is installed backwards. You want the open end of the clip facing the rear of the bike when it is on the top chain run. Facing forward it can be knocked off inside the clutch actuator/sprocket cover.

Keep a close watch on your fenders. There is a lot of good discussion about fenders, their hazards and ways to reinforce them here. Type in 'fenders' in the search box.

Have fun and ride safe.

tom
its funny you say that about the fender cause today on my first REAL ride it vibrated the braket apart and got caught under my back wheel and i crashed hard at about 30 mph i got road rask and a scratched up paint job now :( but hey it still runs lol. it seems like it wont get to the top end it had before i crashed it though, maybe im just used to it now and i think im going slower than i really am
any ideas?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Shaggz,
There's nothing funny about a crash caused by fender failure. Yours isn't the first and probably won't be the last. Factory fenders were never designed to withstand the vibrations imposed on them by a motorized bicycle. If you want to run fenders you MUST reinforce the mounting areas and assure that they can not come loose and cause the type of accident you are now familiar with.

I'm very glad your injuries were relatively minor. They could have been much worse. Ask me how I know.

Tom

Shaggz

Aug 28, 2014
Kerrville, Texas
okay update, i got a new (sturdier) frame today. I put all of the parts on, got it running, and took it for a ride down the street. all is well needs a few adjustments here and there and has a few concerning vibrations that aren't normal but ill mash that out tomorrow in the daylight. :) i will post pics tomorrow
dance1 .bf.